Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Bug Reports
 Tv 'Specials' Seasons/Episodes
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

mj3310
Starting Member

United Kingdom
17 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2013 :  12:11:25  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
When importing via the device scanner (for tv) the special or Season 00 episodes are imported fine ... however when updating via the internet the scanner adds new entries and doesn't recognise what is there so you end up with double ...

i.e. a tv show has 3 seasons ... seasons 01 and 02 and season 00 (specials) the scanner will import data into seasons 01 and 02 but will add new entries for season 00 ... if you had 3 specials originally you end up with 6 (3 for original scanned files and 3 for web import info)

Cheers :)

nehickel

USA
265 Posts

Posted - 12 Feb 2013 :  02:10:32  Show Profile  Visit nehickel's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
That's one of the best problem descriptions I've seen in a long time, very complete.
On the web imported versions, what distinguishes those records from the ones you have (ie are the season/episode numbers the same? Do both sets of records contain the same data from the web? Are you getting web information from multiple sites?

Thanks,
Norm
Go to Top of Page

mj3310
Starting Member

United Kingdom
17 Posts

Posted - 12 Feb 2013 :  10:20:28  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Getting the info from one site ... only happens with the specials ... all other seasons update fine:-

The following shows the db after doing a web update ... see how it doubles up the episodes ... the top one is the device scanner import (filesize etc) and the second one is the web import (episode info etc)

The following image is of my episode info in the edit window ... the web update has ignored the originals and created new entries instead of updating what is there as it does with the S01, S02 etc

Hope this helps explain :)

Edited by - mj3310 on 12 Feb 2013 10:22:11
Go to Top of Page

yan00s

405 Posts

Posted - 12 Feb 2013 :  12:11:01  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
My guess: XMM simply doesn't check for existing episodes / entries with a season value of "0". Alessio may have to check the routine used here.

Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2013 :  13:47:34  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Guys,

The problem is that if the Season is "0" XMM now just ignore and add new episodes.

I will take a look to the function today.

Thank you!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.16 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07