Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Scripts
 Magic Script Editor
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Kipcior

77 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2013 :  21:52:40  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Can someone tell me how the hell this magic script editor built in XMM works?? I'm trying to change one script but it's really confusing when you make some changes in the script which are not reflected in the debug session. Looks like the editor does not take into account any changes made in the script unless I restart the whole XMM (???). Does it mean it loads the script into the memory and uses it till the end of XMM session?? Really it's not workable. I even tried to load other script and then reload again changed script and it does not help, still it runs the script in its previous version. Which is more strange when I stop debugging (script window becomes white instead of greyed during the debugging) I can see the most current/changed version. It does not make sense. Please help.

jjohnbubbles
Starting Member

Saint Lucia
49 Posts

Posted - 12 Feb 2013 :  16:48:04  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I just logged in to reflect on this same question.

I'm trying to fix a few scripts that are not functional. When I make changes they look good in the edit mode, but as soon as I try and run the script the script that it runs is the one I had pre change. Saving the script doesn't seem to make a difference. Sometimes I have to close and reopen just the script editor, other times I have to restart all of xmm.

Would love a fix to this :) Makes it really hard to test simple changes.
Go to Top of Page

jjohnbubbles
Starting Member

Saint Lucia
49 Posts

Posted - 12 Feb 2013 :  16:48:45  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Oh yes, I'm on 8.0.4.8
Go to Top of Page

lordkiwi

USA
99 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2013 :  04:18:26  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Click to see lordkiwi's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I just logged in to report on this my self. I intended to update my DVD Empire script and I found the Magic Script Editor is un usable in XMM8

"Computer games don't effect kids; I mean if
Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkend
rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic
music" (Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc 1989
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2013 :  11:25:41  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Guys,

the editor should work correctly. Please be sure to save the script (by pressing the save button) before execute it.

If this is the problem I can automatize this process..

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

Kipcior

77 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2013 :  00:40:42  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Sorry to say but I also tried to save before executing/debugging and with no effect. Still during debugging old source code is running and in edit mode all changes are visible.
Go to Top of Page

jjohnbubbles
Starting Member

Saint Lucia
49 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2013 :  15:42:21  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
No, saving doesn't make a difference. In the editor window it's correct, but when you execute the 'greyed out' text is still the original version from when you first opened the script, prior to any changes.

The only way to get it to update is to save and then shut down and restart the script editor. Sometimes that doesn't work and I have to restart all of xmm.

I know XMM is a beast of a program, it is very useful and I appreciate the scripting tools that you've given us. Keep up the great work on this, Alessio!
Go to Top of Page

jjohnbubbles
Starting Member

Saint Lucia
49 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2013 :  17:34:35  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I thought a good workaround to this would be to script in 7 and then bring them into 8. While I can script just fine in 7, when I load the script in 8 it fails to work.

The particular problem is on the CDuniverse script. In 7 it creates the movieslist, in 8 it fails to find the first line on the html and exits the movie list creation. Same script. Has something changed in these commands between 7 and 8 or is this a bug in the v8 editor?
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2013 :  06:25:37  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
You should add this to the script, to use the old donwload engine:

#USEOLDENGINE#=TRUE

Ale

Go to Top of Page

jjohnbubbles
Starting Member

Saint Lucia
49 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2013 :  14:36:09  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Perfect, thank you!
Go to Top of Page

jjohnbubbles
Starting Member

Saint Lucia
49 Posts

Posted - 18 Mar 2013 :  20:36:14  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Has there been any work on this issue, with xmm requiring a full restart to apply any changes made to a script in the script editor? I'm now on 8.0.5.0

I'm trying to fix some broken scripts but it's really making it take a long time having to restart to test changes.
Go to Top of Page

rocman

Australia
117 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2013 :  23:07:48  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
In the meantime I test with Magic Script Editor from XMM7 because the editor from XMM8 is a bit useless:

- I don't see the actual content from selected websiteline
- Alt+n is not working (step-by-step)
- changes are only applied after restart of whole XMM8
- the running overlay window behaviour is weird
- breakpoints are not always working
- The usability is a bit complicated, for example to execute a script step-by-step you have to click on break (before executing) and than you have to click on "run script automatically". After that you can execute it step-by-step.
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2013 :  10:30:39  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I will take a look now...

Ale

Go to Top of Page

jjohnbubbles
Starting Member

Saint Lucia
49 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2013 :  18:57:22  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The way I have found to do step by step in xmm 8 is to hit the pause button, then execute, then the step by step button becomes functional. Then if you un-pause it runs through the whole script at full speed.
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2013 :  11:03:31  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yes, you are right, in this case you have to stop the script completely and restart it.

I will try to fix.

Ale

Go to Top of Page

Pegas
Starting Member

Russia
23 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2013 :  20:43:42  Show Profile  Visit Pegas's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by rocman

In the meantime I test with Magic Script Editor from XMM7 because the editor from XMM8 is a bit useless:

- changes are only applied after restart of whole XMM8
- I don't see the actual content from selected websiteline
- Alt+n is not working (step-by-step)

+100500
I think this is the most critical shortcomings of XMM8 which must be resolved in the first instance
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.14 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07