Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Scripts
 [SOLVED] IMDB (Actors) problem picking up results
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

yan00s

405 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2013 :  02:38:24  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
It seems that somehow the people script for IMDB has an issue getting the search results. Not sure if it is connected to the change regarding exact name matching or something else. (see also: http://www.binaryworks.it/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10799).

Since looking at the script source gives me a headache but no idea what to with it I hope somebody will have a look at it.

Thanks.

Note: setting the direktlink to hXXp://akas.imdb.com/name/nm1234567/?ref_=fn_nm_nm_1 and using <Reupdate> works - information will be pulled from the web.

Edited by - yan00s on 21 Feb 2013 22:47:37

batrado

Bulgaria
85 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2013 :  08:53:05  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

I've post already in the other thread, but here what is my observation about IMDB.COM (Actors):

Although get the correct webpage for actor, the script get WebID like that "<link rel="canonical" href="http:" and import only biography, nothing else.

Regards.
Go to Top of Page

rocman

Australia
117 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2013 :  17:25:18  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thats the poor thing on web-scraping.
IMDB changes one line in their html and everything is screwed up...

For a quick fix, search & replace the following line in the script:
#FINDLINE#=<meta name="title" content="Find - IMDb" />#10##ONERROR#=*OK*
with:
#FINDLINE#=<title>Find - IMDb</title>#10##ONERROR#=*OK*

OK, I quickly uploaded the new one (I've tested with Charlize Theron - looks good )
http://www.share-online.biz/dl/76AIWKIMFDF

Edited by - rocman on 21 Feb 2013 17:32:19
Go to Top of Page

batrado

Bulgaria
85 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2013 :  18:59:12  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you, rocman!
Now it works :)

Regards.
Go to Top of Page

yan00s

405 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2013 :  22:46:56  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by rocman

OK, I quickly uploaded the new one

That's what I was hoping for. Thanks a lot for your work, rocman.

(Hopefully there's still enough private life going on besides Magic Sripting ... )

Go to Top of Page

jeff363

83 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2013 :  17:19:24  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I updated to the latest IMDB (actors) and it did not reflect Rocman's fix!! I am manually going into it again to make the change to the script for it to pull right.

Ale - Please use Rocman's version....
Go to Top of Page

vinlas

Italy
102 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2013 :  18:05:11  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I have update the script and it works very well.
Go to Top of Page

jeff363

83 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2013 :  18:10:38  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
That is weird...I made the fix in the old copy (and it worked) and redownloaded the new one (which over-wrote the script) and the error showed up again...

I will have to keep an eye on this one.
Go to Top of Page

brudzin
Starting Member

10 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2013 :  10:44:44  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
could you upload the working script (imdb actors) again?
mine has been damaged :(
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.13 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07