Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Bug Reports
 The type initializer for 'bp' threw an exception.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

halba
Starting Member

Italy
1 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2013 :  16:42:04  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi,

I have installed Extreme Movie Manager 8.0.4.9 on two machines (my laptop with Windows 7, used for test, and a Win 2008 R2 installation on a server where I plan to keep it installed).

On my laptop everything is working fine...I have created a database, imported movies, updated info with scripts and so on.

On the server just after the app start, on the lower status bar this message appear:

5-The type initializer for 'bp' threw an exception...

The icon of "Device Scanner" always blinking, and if I try to open the database I created on the laptop, it say that I can not beacuse the engines are running (but is not thrue because the device scanner on the server is disabled).

Someone can help me ?

P.S. on the laptop and on the server there is the same version of .NET Frameworks installed.

Edited by - halba on 27 Feb 2013 18:20:23

yan00s

405 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2013 :  17:23:32  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
You may be a bit on your own troubleshooting XMM on a Windows Server OS.

Some shots in the dark:
- Are you sure XMM has the same privileges on the server as it had on the laptop?
- Have you (unintentionally) copied some config settings (like path values) from the laptop to the server which are not working from the server's point of view?

Go to Top of Page

JustME

371 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2013 :  12:35:11  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
On the RC2 you just did a fresh install and never copied any data over yet, correct? Setup EMM using the example database and then set your options so device manager does not automatically scan for new movies (file monitor off) and also that auto update movies is off.
Once that is set with the example database, copy over your working database. Open it up and make sure that the scan path is correct for adding new files and that the settings are still correct to NOT check for new items or to automatically update. By default these two are on with a new install and with the script engine running you cannot make the changes :-)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.14 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07