Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Bug Reports
 Deactivate IMDB Complete script
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Sciolto

65 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2013 :  16:03:53  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
In XMM8 I started with a new Database by csv import. I removed ALL scripts except IMDB Fast and made that the default script yet after the first cycle IMDB Complete is still being executed. This is not supposed to happen. Now I receive all kinds of data with the IMDB Complete script that makes the DB bloated.

Edited by - Sciolto on 31 Mar 2013 16:04:22

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2013 :  13:57:05  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

Thats strange...really... I mean, if you have removed the script from the Scripts Folder XMM should now load it. Maybe you have remove it from a wrong folder?

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

Sciolto

65 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2013 :  16:11:19  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Alessio Viti

Hello,

Thats strange...really... I mean, if you have removed the script from the Scripts Folder XMM should now load it. Maybe you have remove it from a wrong folder?

Ale

I removed it within the application by right clicking and using the context menu to "Remove this script". The script is the no longer in the prefered list, but it stays in the available script list.

The only solution I have found so far was by stripping the IMDB complete script to the same detail as the fast script I intended to use as my default. It will get me the results I need but I have to say that updating the collection of 2500+ movies by reseting the webimport switch is painfully slow : less than 500 movies in the last 24 hours and that is not because I have a slow connection to IMDB. The script takes 'ages' to cycle through a single movie.
Go to Top of Page

JustME

371 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2013 :  18:28:56  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Double check that it is not importing all the actors and trailers too! limit the actors to 4 or so. There are a lot of actors listed for each movie and that takes a while
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2013 :  12:02:55  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
To remove it completely open the Scripts subfolder and delete the TXT file of the script. In this way you will be sure the script will not used by XMM..

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.15 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07