Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Bug Reports
 2 Bugs ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

robin.lyselv
Starting Member

25 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2013 :  13:44:24  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi Ale,

i have the following Problems (using actual Version 8.0.5.5):

1)
I generated for all movies .nfo Files (using the now activated button "My XBMC"). If i start now the "Device Scanner", XMM crashed (freezing Window and no action is possible). I must delete ALL .nfo Files to have a working XMM.

2) As an example: I have 2 movies on harddisk->
movie 1.mkw
movie 2.mkv

If i start the device scanner only one file will be regognized.
If i changed the names to:
movie-1.mkw
movie-2.mkv
It works fine.
Can you fix it, that the "whole" name is used and not only parts.

If you need more info, please tell me !

Thank you for this great program
Robin

Edited by - robin.lyselv on 06 Apr 2013 13:45:42

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2013 :  17:20:46  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The 1. problem: I haven't checked nor ever have used that function...
The 2. problem: Movie 1 and Movie 2 - XMM recognizes that as one parted Movie. It should have the runtime of both added. So this behaves as is it expected to do.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

robin.lyselv
Starting Member

25 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2013 :  11:09:57  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi JDommi,

OK, i understand. But, how i must rename the movies, if this are NOT Movies in 2 Parts ?
As an example:

Movie 1 - The Beginning.mkv (This movie is from 1996)
Movie 2 - The man is back.mkv (This movie is from 2001)

or

The Fast and the Fourious 1 - High Speed.mkv
The Fast and the Fourious 2 - Tokiyo Trift.mkv

Have fun
Robin

Edited by - robin.lyselv on 07 Apr 2013 11:11:52
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2013 :  11:32:47  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I usually name those movies like
The Fast and the Fourious I - High Speed.mkv
The Fast and the Fourious II - Tokiyo Trift.mkv

Or simply check the movies before importing and deselect the joining.
By the way only "1" and "2" will be autojoined!

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

robin.lyselv
Starting Member

25 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2013 :  12:30:39  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
@JDommi,

thank you, i will try it !

Please can you check/verify the problem with the XBMC Export ?
If you click the button "MY XBMC" only the .nfo Files beside your movies will be created and you can delete them later.
If the .nfo Files are created, please insert a NEW movie in your folder and use the "device scanner". If your windows freezes, than it is a bug !

best regards
Robin
Go to Top of Page

yan00s

405 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2013 :  03:43:23  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by robin.lyselv

@JDommi,

thank you, i will try it !

Please can you check/verify the problem with the XBMC Export ?
If you click the button "MY XBMC" only the .nfo Files beside your movies will be created and you can delete them later.
If the .nfo Files are created, please insert a NEW movie in your folder and use the "device scanner". If your windows freezes, than it is a bug !

best regards
Robin

I can confirm the device-scanner-stumbles-across-nfo-files-and-locks-down-xmm bug.

This should not happen. And it did not some releases back. So something got built into xmm what breaks file scanning. I mean, if xmm doesn't understand what's in the nfo it could still skip it. No need for switching into sulking mode ...

Update (forgot to mention this): if "read nfo files" is disabled in > Options the device scanner works without problems. So we have a workaround ... bug priority changed to: medium.

Edited by - yan00s on 09 Apr 2013 03:46:09
Go to Top of Page

robin.lyselv
Starting Member

25 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2013 :  08:20:24  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
@yan00s

Thanks a lot for your hint to disable "read nfo files" !

Hope it will be fixed soon !

best regards
Robin
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.14 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07