New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

wellwet

Turkey
103 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2013 :  15:54:56  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
After 10 movies update, I've canceled the update, saved the DB (no size change) closed and opened EMM, DB size didn't changed, started to update 85 movies again :(
Go to Top of Page

wellwet

Turkey
103 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2013 :  17:24:36  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I FOUND THE PROBLEM!

That's silly but my EMM was not working as administrator! Even my account has administrator rights and I was sure that I have changed desktop EMM icon to run as administrator, it wasn't running as administrator!

So my DB keeps the updates, I'll check for movieID renumbering tomorrow:)
Go to Top of Page

wellwet

Turkey
103 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2013 :  15:28:41  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Today problem continues? It was updated last 85 movies and looks like working well but today same thing happens? It downloads 63 movies again and again :( Even I started with admin rights :(
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2013 :  16:46:37  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
As there are now less movies to update I think that the update progress is still not finished. Have a look at the status of the import...

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

wellwet

Turkey
103 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2013 :  16:52:46  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
JDommi, it updates same movies, every time :(
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2013 :  18:12:24  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Please check the status of "Imported from Web" in the database. Is it checked or unchecked? Does it change after every import but is not saved?
The strange thing is that you have had yesterday 85 movies and today only 63 (of these).

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

wellwet

Turkey
103 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2013 :  09:59:31  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Imported from web isn't checked for this movies, but when they DL data from IMDB it became checked. But normally each time EMM makes and update size and the date of the DB was changing, this time it does not change! I mean after each movie update file was changing. I saw the changes on the screen but I think it doesn't saves the DB?

Now it updates the movies again (I had to return and 2 days older backup, after a movieID renumber try, all directors are gone!!!) While it updates in the background I opened a movies and changed the status of a movie to Seen, so it saved the DB (size and date are changed)Will wait until background update is finished then close and open it again and inform you...
Go to Top of Page

wellwet

Turkey
103 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2013 :  11:16:07  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Nothing changed! EMM does not saves the changes! DB's date and time changed (with manually edit a movie) but size didn't and new datas are not saved :( Web imported link became unchecked (They were checked before I close the EMM and reopen...) Now I have 77 movies on queue (may be becose of the backup I returned, first they were 85 then with other backup became 63, now 77. The one with 63 movies I lost all directors so I returned back to other one..)

I feel stressed, I have a useless 9-10 thousand movies DB (After 7 to 8 move I had to DL all data again! and now it stucked!)

Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2013 :  11:38:40  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Well, for me the changes are saved. But therefor I have other issues like broken script chains.
As XMM8 was mentioned to be more user friendly and easier to handle I think the intention has completely failed
At the moment it seems as one removed bug produces a new one...

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

wellwet

Turkey
103 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2013 :  11:43:54  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
JDommi, until last week I had different issues like MovieID renumber problem. But now nothing works for me. Latest backup from old DB is more than 4 months old, and I have changed lots of thinks of my DB and storage media (I collect them in TB hdd's and move them between HDD's) If I go back to 4 month older DB I must find everything by hand :( Also I've reimported everything again after EMM8 conversation :(
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2013 :  14:00:43  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
When I will have time I'll feel sorry for you
No, really, I still use XMM7 and fortunately I don't have to add more than 1 or 2 movies per month. But from all the testing I really can sympathize with.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

wellwet

Turkey
103 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2013 :  14:28:28  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
:)

This time Dl'eded 77 movies, everything was looking fine. Checked DB size-date, it didn't changed! Made compact & repair DB and save DB. Even save DB doesn't saves the DB! Same size and time! Didn't close the EMM, it started to DL 77 movies again :D So my EMM does not saves the datas!

Tomorrow I'll delete that movies and try again!
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2013 :  14:39:12  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Where do you save the database? Seems as if you don't have the permission to write in that folder or is the .mdb itself write protected? At least the last one should produce an error.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

wellwet

Turkey
103 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2013 :  14:49:31  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
d:\documents\emm8\databases

ldb file is changing but mdb file does not. I have admin rights...
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2013 :  16:55:17  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Try to save the database under another name, delete (or move) the original db and rename the newly saved one to the old name to keep original subfolders for the pics.
Also have a look at the protection option in XMM8. I know that you can set a protection to your database but never have checked that option.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

wellwet

Turkey
103 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2013 :  18:40:13  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thereis no protection in my db, already tried to move, rename etc (inc. subfolders) to the database. When I have time and passion, I'll delete problem movies and reimport them and try it in another computer :D
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2013 :  19:22:10  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
No, I thought of SaveAs "NewName" and then renaming to the origin name.
I don't know if that changes anything but it's worth a try.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

wellwet

Turkey
103 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2013 :  14:50:02  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I think problem is in my DB. There must be a problem in that file?

I've installed VMware, installed and XP Virtual Machine and EMM 8.0.6.1 to the C:\EMM, copied latest DB from my maih HDD to VM's HDD. It started to DL 77 movies. After 2x movies I've canceled, exited EMM, entered again and it started again for 77 movies!

Is there a way to check DB? I've tried EMM's and Access's compact & repair features :(
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2013 :  14:56:41  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
To be sure that it is your database I would make a new one with only a few entries and check if the problem still occurs.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

wellwet

Turkey
103 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2013 :  15:20:56  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
JDommi, problem is in my db :( Somehow it corrupted :( I've created a new DB, added 8 movies, DL'ed date, exited and in next restart, everythings fine :(

Is there a way to export all data from my DB then reimport a new one? In export manager I can export lots of think but I couldn't see directors (which is important for me!) And i didn't get why directors and actors are seperated from main DB?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.15 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07