Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Bug Reports
 MM8 freezes on Win8
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

EdwinD
Starting Member

Netherlands
5 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2013 :  13:25:16  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Click to see EdwinD's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
A few seconds after start-up mm8 freezes and i have to kill the application via taskmanager. It may be the device scanner. I have this problem sinds the last update.

I work on a win8 64 system.

Greetz Edwin

Edited by - EdwinD on 27 Apr 2013 13:25:57

yan00s

405 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2013 :  15:26:03  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by EdwinD

A few seconds after start-up mm8 freezes and i have to kill the application via taskmanager. It may be the device scanner. I have this problem sinds the last update.

I work on a win8 64 system.

Do you have *.nfo files in your movie folders? NFO file reading is somehow broken lately and if XMM is set to run the device scanner automatically *AND* NFO-reading is active in options then this could cause a lock down.

In XMM's program folder check what's in the config.ini file.
This should set the device scanner not to start automatically:

DeviceScannerAutoStart=False

Note:
As if to make the nfo reading bug complete XMM will not store your > Options > Device Scanner setting for [Do not read NFO files] between sessions so every time before the device scanner gets used you will have to disable this again. Great, isn't it?

Go to Top of Page

EdwinD
Starting Member

Netherlands
5 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2013 :  18:32:49  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Click to see EdwinD's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Tnx that worked

Greetz Edwin
Go to Top of Page

yan00s

405 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2013 :  22:26:32  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by EdwinD

Tnx that worked

Kwl.

Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 29 Apr 2013 :  11:41:41  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Ops, I will fix the bug of Device Scanner settings

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.12 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07