Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Information
 Possible to compare database with drive contents?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Barns
Starting Member

49 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2013 :  06:06:49  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi,

Is it possible to compare the titles in my movie database with the contents of the drive I keep my movies on?

I have 1,100 titles in my XMM database but 1,101 items on my movie drive and I really don't want to have to individually search through each and every title.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Edited by - Barns on 13 May 2013 06:07:38

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2013 :  07:14:24  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Use the device scanner and add only movies that are not in database. A detailed way I can't show you at the moment as I just had to install my pc a new.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Barns
Starting Member

49 Posts

Posted - 14 May 2013 :  05:16:37  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The problem is nothing new shows up in the device scanner. That's why I was hoping to compare the two to see which film exists on the drive but is missing from the XMM database.
Go to Top of Page

Barns
Starting Member

49 Posts

Posted - 14 May 2013 :  06:13:52  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
It's OK. I downloaded a duplicate file finder and found I did have two copies of the same movie (one in the root directory and one in a folder with the same name) for some reason.

Thanks for your help anyway.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.16 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07