Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Scripts
 IMDB (complite) works too slow
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

SlayeRaiN
Starting Member

USA
41 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2013 :  09:05:53  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hey guys. Any1 know wat happened to imdb complete sript? Since i start use 8 version one move updates for 5-10 min which is extremely slow even for complete script with actors upload. Any ideas?

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2013 :  13:18:35  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
What at first comes to my mind: how many actors do you download? As every update forces the scripts to their default values it is possible that you load much more actors than before. As fact the script should be faster as it directly reads the compressed site and no longer the "normal" one.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

SlayeRaiN
Starting Member

USA
41 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2013 :  18:09:57  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
download by default 12 actors. not sure wat u mean about compressed site. but i'm pretty sure it should be much faster. Even when i start search by one movie name, and can't find it in the list for chose link and use another name to research list it takes like minutes, but has to be few seconds.
Also after movie link was chosen i see weird things in Script status Tab. Execution line 4k+, script cycle over 1 million sometimes. And in Variables Tab: section 4 - many different links from imdb of all different movies like it's reading hole imdb database. Well, actually almost all sections in Variables while downloading information like going crazy, show many difference data and changes everytime. No matter how many actors, it can't take 10min for one movie with internet connection over 1mbps. So i'm pretty sure it something with script or loading engine. Feels like script falling in some kinda internal cycle for some reason. Could u check this phenomena plz?
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2013 :  20:09:11  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I just have tested to add a new entry into a new database. Full install of release 8.0.6.1 and latest scripts.
1. Movie "Dredd 3D" added from Device Scanner
2. Select Update with Default Script Chain (IMDB.Com Complete, OFDB.DE, OFBD.DE[Chains] and THEMOVIEDB.ORG(API3))
Result:
1. IMDB imports the movie (about 1 minute)
- Actors pics are missing
- Details2 tab: only premiered and revenue is present
- Web tab: imported from Internet is not checked
- Custom tab: all empty
2. Magic Script stopped importing without any comment

New test with running XMM8 as Admin
same result except for new info on Web tab: Direct Link is filled and Imported from Internet is now checked.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

SlayeRaiN
Starting Member

USA
41 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2013 :  14:44:46  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
is it settings by default?
man, i dont get it. imdb "completed" was the best script and now i'm getting lame data with big delay.
Lats take for example just imported Upside Down movie:
quick edit - details 2
all empty only release date and budget. dowloaded by imdb doesn't have imdb link. wth? no akas
custom empty too.
But dowloading with latest release and script faster. Not a minute but 2-3 minutes which much better.
Maybe there is something better then imdb? Problem is i have movies different years like 1930-today and by countries all over the world. Some of them such rare can not be found even in imdb but it's only a few.
U see for couple years i used imdb scripts and it changes all the time. Now my db totally a mess. Different information in different fields like with customs. Some old movies has info there, but new script ignore these fields. I don't see other way to reload all movies from internet again. If in last versions it was fast and it took a link imdb if it's exist, now every movie request for link, and there is 1500+ movies. Any tips how to do it easier?
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2013 :  16:59:38  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
No, sorry. That has Ale to check out.
Only reason that can cause IMDB errors for some people is that as example sometimes the american imdb site has changes that will sometimes later affect other countries.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

yan00s

405 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2013 :  13:37:55  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by SlayeRaiN
Also after movie link was chosen i see weird things in Script status Tab. Execution line 4k+, ...

This just shows how much effort has already gone into IMDB Complete. To get all the info - or attempting to get it - there's quite some script code needed. More than 4000 lines (and counting).

quote:
...script cycle over 1 million sometimes. ...

The cycle counter may not work like you expect it to. My guess: it counts every script loop and there are quite a lot ... also, it will probably not get reset during a session. Nothing too weird here.

quote:
... And in Variables Tab: section 4 - many different links from imdb of all different movies like it's reading hole imdb database. ...

Well, isn't that the overall concept: creating a shadow IMDB? Seriously: to get all the actor information (what movie did the actor appear in) a lot of movie links have to get fetched. That's what you see I suppose.

quote:
... Well, actually almost all sections in Variables while downloading information like going crazy, show many difference data and changes everytime. ...

That's a good sign. If it confuses you, don't look at it or hide the advanced info tabs. Really, this is something for our script heros not us regular users.

quote:
... No matter how many actors, it can't take 10min for one movie with internet connection over 1mbps.

Actually, it can. And there may be reasons out of our control like a server throttling certain obviously machine generated http requests. There's something good about slow(er) scripts too: it may help to stay below the radar. While amazon sure has quite some computing power at hand they do not really grant us the right to use it like we do with our script based database copy attempts.

Go to Top of Page

SlayeRaiN
Starting Member

USA
41 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2013 :  13:41:03  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
so there is nothing i can do to make it faster and easier?
i didn't find other way as to reload all info for movies. Of course i do it by genres bc i have over 1.5k movies. Still each genre has at least 100+. I start reloading in morning and it's done at night. It gonna take weeks. May be more, yesterday I had crush program and had to start all over again. Another freaky thing, xmm load 80-100% of my CPU while it reloading. So.. at least 10 minutes for 1 movie which collect like few kb data loading 100% CPU all the time? U do realize it's not suppose to be this way.
Please recheck loading info engine, script or whatever. There r should be the way to optimize current process.
And one more thing i would like to ask. Is it possible that every new movie loading from internet reloading actors info even they r present? I remember there was option not to load actor info if exist. But I can't find it in new interface. May be i could make it lilbit faster if this option not active by default.
I know not much ppl load like over 100 movies at the time but I'm with XMM since 5th version and used IMDB script all the time and it never took that much time. If imdb not an option anymore, please recommend me other source with most movies number, info and on american english. Thanks %)
Go to Top of Page

yan00s

405 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2013 :  14:45:50  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:

so there is nothing i can do to make it faster and easier?

Wait! There are a few options to check before giving in...

quote:
i didn't find other way as to reload all info for movies. Of course i do it by genres bc i have over 1.5k movies. Still each genre has at least 100+. I start reloading in morning and it's done at night. It gonna take weeks. May be more, yesterday I had crush program and had to start all over again. Another freaky thing, xmm load 80-100% of my CPU while it reloading. So.. at least 10 minutes for 1 movie which collect like few kb data loading 100% CPU all the time? U do realize it's not suppose to be this way.
Please recheck loading info engine, script or whatever. There r should be the way to optimize current process.
And one more thing i would like to ask. Is it possible that every new movie loading from internet reloading actors info even they r present? I remember there was option not to load actor info if exist. But I can't find it in new interface. May be i could make it lilbit faster if this option not active by default.
I know not much ppl load like over 100 movies at the time but I'm with XMM since 5th version and used IMDB script all the time and it never took that much time. If imdb not an option anymore, please recommend me other source with most movies number, info and on american english. Thanks %)

I believe the "bottle neck" on the XMM side is the amount of data pulled per movie / per artist from IMDB. The less links the script will have to parse - and follow - the faster a movie will be ready. So try tweaking the IMDB script options here and see what happens:

Still: try to do it in small batches. That will also help not to fill up the database with rubbish when something goes wrong during the update process.

Maybe don't download actor details with your movies. You can do that later with the IMDB actor script.

BTW: you're right XMM 8 has a few issues which may provoke a lock down but those are hard to come by. I have a feeling that this is in some way related to (forbidden) concurrent database operations but I can't prove my theory.

Go to Top of Page

SlayeRaiN
Starting Member

USA
41 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2013 :  08:20:45  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
kk.. thanks for a hint. i'll try to manipulate with settings. in the main time i hope ale will find the way to avoid lock down and fix issues.
Put reloading last night when went to sleep. When woke up it did only 140 movies. I was right it may take a weeks.
Go to Top of Page

SlayeRaiN
Starting Member

USA
41 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2013 :  08:44:33  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
btw how did u put screenshots in post? I could use it for posting bugs screenshots.
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2013 :  10:32:33  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Put the link to the screenshot between: [ img][ /img]
Have a look at the Reply to Topic button...

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

SlayeRaiN
Starting Member

USA
41 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2013 :  12:02:29  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
oh, i thought i can load screenshot on forum somehow. It actually would be really helpful for both sides if forum had this option.
one more thing i'd like to ask. sometimes when i load move from internet by imdb script, in title i have something like this:
#1056; #1074;#1026;™#1056; #1057;—#1056; µ#1056;#1038;#1056;‚#1056; µ#1056; #1058;‘ #1056;#1030;#1074;#1026;#1118;#1074;#1026;#1118; #1056; #1056;†#1056; #1057;–#1056; #1057;•#1056;#1038;#1056;‚#1056;#1038;#1057;“
this is example of loading animation movie "Up". This one has original title right - UP. But some of movies has same crazy signs in title and original title. I'm not sure how that happens but when i open imdb link i see correct original name but sometimes title in russian. I never had this problem before. I use only english, but mb it somekind of redirect on native language page like usually google does? Anyway i'd like to disable it and get american english update. Could u point me in right direction?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.18 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07