Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Information
 Thumbnail questions
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

ronbug4444

147 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2013 :  18:01:09  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I have 2 questions:
1. Why do we need a regular actor picture and a thumbnail version? I have the "show thumbnail people photos" disabled, and it shows the regular photo.
2. As I said above, I have "show thumbnail people photos" disabled, but it still creates a thumbnail in the folder. When I go in and delete them all, the regular photos still show on the html cards. Is there away to disable creating thumbnails, because it just takes up more space on the computer and database having duplicate photos?

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2013 :  09:49:36  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

The reason is only the memory usage of XMM 8.

If you use scripts like THEMOVIEDB you will see that the actors pictures are really big. When XMM take the picture create also a little thumbnail that is more quick to load and show, just this.

At this time is not possible to stop XMM to create thumbnails, I will try to add this option.

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.15 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07