Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Bug Reports
 Movie in Database does not show actor age
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

mon1y

98 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2013 :  06:18:10  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
In the actor movie card under Movie in Database you should see the actor age but so far I have only seen one actor whose Movie in Database show the age. Even after deleting the actor and re-enter it doesn't help. I'm using movie_bigcover.htm. Anybody else has this problem. Thanks ahead.

Edited by - mon1y on 22 Jun 2013 06:52:05

yan00s

405 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2013 :  11:37:35  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Well, this info will be shown only if XMM actually knows the birth date. Have you checked if the field is filled? Maybe wasn't imported ...

Go to Top of Page

mon1y

98 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2013 :  02:31:51  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by yan00s

Well, this info will be shown only if XMM actually knows the birth date. Have you checked if the field is filled? Maybe wasn't imported ...

Yes all the date are filled. As I say above, that I even DELETED the actor card and Re-enter a new one and that doesn't help. Out of an entry of 2000+ actors only one so far that show the age in its Movie in Database and I found this by accident. For the record I enter most of my data manually.

Edited by - mon1y on 24 Jun 2013 05:15:11
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2013 :  07:18:43  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Wrong date format for the js-function used in the card for this age calculation?

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

mon1y

98 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2013 :  21:20:52  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by JDommi

Wrong date format for the js-function used in the card for this age calculation?

The age format is the same as the one that work. The only different is the one that work is script filled. While all my entry is manual and none work. I figured that it should work both ways - manual and script - but it doesn't.

Edited by - mon1y on 26 Jun 2013 21:27:59
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2013 :  22:16:29  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
There must be a difference. Data is data - no matter if added by script or manual!
Try to add these lines before the last </div> of the biography section (2 lines above <!--END_MOVIES-->) to test if the variable format is equal on the different movies:
<script type="text/javascript">
alert('_MOVIE_ACTOR_YEAR_');
alert(bdate);
</script>

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

mon1y

98 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2013 :  08:34:22  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
This problem continued to be a pet peeve of mine. Even though I installed the full version of EMM8 in a freshly formated laptop the problem still persist. The example of actors/movies that come with full version EMM8 has the actor age listed in the Actor html card next to the movie (in Movie Database). But when I tried to manually added just one to see if it will work - it doesn't work. So can someone tell me what is going on. If the community read this can you guys please tell me if you have the same problem or not. Appreciate
Go to Top of Page

yan00s

405 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2013 :  22:44:41  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Sorry, can't reproduce it. If I add a date manually I see the value (after reloading the card by navigating in the grid).

There's a date picker coming with the field, does it work when you use it for selecting a birthdate?

Go to Top of Page

mon1y

98 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2013 :  09:46:51  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:

Sorry, can't reproduce it. If I add a date manually I see the value (after reloading the card by navigating in the grid).

There's a date picker coming with the field, does it work when you use it for selecting a birthdate?

Even if I use the date picker it doesn't work. There are may be 3 actors card so far that I've seen by chance that has the age. Sure is a strange problem. I don't understand why I have a problem even though I installed it on a new fresh laptop and from full version EMM8.
Go to Top of Page

yan00s

405 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2013 :  22:21:23  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by mon1y

quote:

Even if I use the date picker it doesn't work. There are may be 3 actors card so far that I've seen by chance that has the age. Sure is a strange problem. I don't understand why I have a problem even though I installed it on a new fresh laptop and from full version EMM8.

Just to make sure - that's what you're missing (1) and (2), right?

Go to Top of Page

mon1y

98 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2013 :  03:22:22  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Yan00, thank you for still following my problem because I thought it was hopeless. The problem is point 2. There is no age on most all of the actors card as shown in your description. Point 1 is alright - no problem.
Go to Top of Page

yan00s

405 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2013 :  14:54:29  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:

Hi Yan00, thank you for still following my problem because I thought it was hopeless. The problem is point 2. There is no age on most all of the actors card as shown in your description. Point 1 is alright - no problem.

We may be getting somewhere. For the actors you don't see the "movie age", is there anything written into the Filmography2 field? If not than the js function used here will not work. For some reason it relates to values written to that particular field. That's what I could reproduce.

There's a way to get the actor age even if you do not want to fill the "filmography2" field - which would bloat your db massively.
Warning: that's in no way official and it may break everything and more so use it at your own risk.

Step 1: Changing the actor.htm card (.../PeopleCards folder)

(a) add the following to the head section:

<script type="text/vbScript">
   bHelp = "_ACTOR_BIRTHDATE_"
   if Len(bHelp) = 10 then
      bHelp = CDate(bHelp)
      bYear = year(bHelp)
   end if
</script>

(b) Find this in the body section:

<span class="filmon"><a href="" onClick="window.external.COLLECTION_FINDMOVIE('_MOVIE_ID_');return false;"><b class="midt gtype_MOVIE_ACTOR_IS_TVSHOW_"> <span class="midto">_MOVIE_ACTOR_TITLE_</span>  (<span class="midy">_MOVIE_ACTOR_YEAR_</span>)</b></a>

(c) Insert the following directly after the link end tag(*):

<script type="text/vbscript">
   mYear = CInt("_MOVIE_ACTOR_YEAR_")
   if bYear > 0 then
      approxPlayAge = mYear - bYear
      if approxPlayAge > 0 then
         document.write("<span style='color:green'> [Age: " & approxPlayAge & "]</span>")
      end if
   end if
</script>

Step 2: changing actor.js (.../PeopleCards folder) - so if Filmography2 is filled you will not get double entries

Note: Since the script is minified it may be a bit tricky to change it. If you happen to have Notepad++ with the JSMin addon things will be easier after applying JSFormat

Find the following:

if (b.length != 0) {
$("span.midy", $("#moviesindatabase")).each(function () {
var n = $(this).text();
if (n != "") {
$(this).parent().parent().after('#8194;<span style="color:blue;">[' + j + ': <span style="font-weight:bolder;">' + (Number(agehelper) + Number(n)) + "</span>]</span>")
}
})
}

.. and comment it out with:

//

in front of each line / instruction

--

(*) Just in case, that's the link end tag:

</a>

--
Update
Please note:

You may see biblical ages for artists (could be writers and maybe composers) who were dead when the film was made. I haven't added anything to check for this case.

--
Update: changed the initial script part so there are (hopefully) no more data type mismatches if the birth date is empty.

Edited by - yan00s on 17 Aug 2013 13:53:46
Go to Top of Page

mon1y

98 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2013 :  07:43:07  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
yes, they all do not have the Filmography2 filled. But the one that I found working properly do have the Filmography2. As I mention from the beginning most of my entry are manual so I never filled the Filmography2 (if there is one) - don't like script because I don't need bloated informations. The one that do work somehow get automatically filled by the script.

I'm not going to attempts your procedure because I don't like to take the risk of messing the db. But don't you think this is a bug? because as I quote JDommi above " ...Data is data - no matter if added by script or manual!". Thanks ahead...

Edited by - mon1y on 12 Aug 2013 07:52:34
Go to Top of Page

yan00s

405 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2013 :  20:36:42  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Well, I'd say it's a missing feature. As I've showed there's (another) way to do it but it's not really up to me to implement it. ;)

BTW my workaround will not touch your db, only the html card and it's script. To be on the safe(r) side you could copy the originals and then alter & save the copies uunder a different name. Note: you'd need to change the actor-copy.js script link too.

Go to Top of Page

mon1y

98 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2013 :  22:43:59  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Can you get Alisio to implement it? because If I did as you suggested it will only work in mine.
Go to Top of Page

yan00s

405 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2013 :  19:53:36  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:

Can you get Alisio to implement it?

I really don't know.

If Ale reads this and thinks it's a good idea he may implement it. But I've no means to make him do so.

Go to Top of Page

Miyuri

62 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2013 :  10:25:21  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Well ...

Both ages are correct.

2013 -> age 42
2004 -> age 33

The skript show you the age from the actor and in the overview from the movies how old he was if the move was make.

Its not a bug Its a feature ;)

Edited by - Miyuri on 19 Aug 2013 10:25:49
Go to Top of Page

yan00s

405 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2013 :  20:03:24  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Miyuri

Well ...

Both ages are correct.

2013 -> age 42
2004 -> age 33

The skript show you the age from the actor and in the overview from the movies how old he was if the move was make.

Its not a bug Its a feature ;)

It works as long as Filmography2 is filled. What mon1y is looking for's a solution not relying on that field.

Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2013 :  06:56:58  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello guys and sorry for late reply!

The age is calculated directly by MovieCard, I don't know if I can do it inside XMM instead. I will take a look.

Thank you!

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.16 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07