Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Bug Reports
 device manager not searching all folders in tree
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

edwin4321
Starting Member

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2013 :  21:07:47  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
hi it appears that the device manager is only going down one directory of sub folders and also that it is missing files this did not happen before the update thanks

Edwin L Jostmeyer

JustME

371 Posts

Posted - 14 Aug 2013 :  13:55:21  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
If you are talking about the Device Scanner to import movies, look under the main tab, click on Files and open up the options. Once your options is open, select the Device Scanner tab at the top and ensure that the recursive search for movies and TV shows is checked.
Go to Top of Page

ComZiz

Turkey
282 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2013 :  23:02:47  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I got the same issue.

Recursive search is checked.

And device manager can not find some of the new files and folders. I just copied 10 files into my folder, ran device manager, started search. It only found 4 of them. All file types are the same, all attributes, file name styles and so on.

I got these written at the left bottom of the window:

Engine Status: Device Scanner: Scanner Ready
Scanning Folder :V:\Filmler\Woody Allen

"Woody Allen" is the LAST folder in there. And some of the movies I'm trying to add are in "V:\Filmler" (Root)

What can be the problem?
I had this problem for months now. And yesterday I re-installed Windows 7 & extreme movie manager's latest version. Still have this problem.

Edited by - ComZiz on 23 Sep 2013 07:20:42
Go to Top of Page

ComZiz

Turkey
282 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2013 :  01:41:38  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I think the issue is eighter with the database or the files themselves and NOT the XMM.

Because I notice that the SAME EXACT files can not be found by device manager.

But I can manually add them.

In case of the files being edited by any kind of software or windows permisions, I wanted to test it and I happen to have one of the problematic movies on a DVD (Burnt by someone else) I freshly copied it to the drive and XMM still can not see it.

So could it be about codecs or AVI headers or whatever?! Or may it be .NET or any other 3rd party helper... Who's to blame?!? =)

But seriously it gets so annoying, when I am forced to add %90 of my files one by one, which destroys the purpose of having eXtreme Movie ManaGer!

Cheers

Edited by - ComZiz on 23 Sep 2013 07:27:49
Go to Top of Page

wellwet

Turkey
103 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2013 :  23:09:10  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
If your windows keyboard is not English, please check your file extensions from options. Sometimes AVI extensions becomes AV? cos of this keyboard problem, you must correct this each time yo add movies :(
Go to Top of Page

JustME

371 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2013 :  01:30:06  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
and make sure that ALL the file types are listed that you want to add, each update you have to reset it...
Go to Top of Page

ComZiz

Turkey
282 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2013 :  11:20:46  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
You guys are right, I did change the system language after XMM install. My list was like this;

MOV
WMV
AVI
MPG
MPEG
OGG
MKV
DIVX
XVID
DAT
OGM
RM
RV
RAM
MP4
AV?
MPG
MPEG
OGG
MKV
D?VX
XV?D
DAT
OGM
RM
RV
RAM
MP4
MOV
MOV
AV?
MPG
MPEG
OGG
MKV
D?VX
XV?D
DAT
OGM
RM
RV
RAM
MP4
?SO
ISO
?MG
IMG
ASF
ASF
M4V
TS

Now I changed my system language back to English and my list to this;

MOV
WMV
MPG
MPEG
OGG
MKV
DIVX
XVID
DAT
OGM
RM
RV
RAM
MP4
AVI
AV#304;
AV#304;

MPG
MPEG
OGG
MKV
DIVX
D#304;VX
XVID
XV#304;D
DAT
OGM
RM
RV
RAM
MP4
MOV
MOV
MPG
MPEG
OGG
MKV
DiVX
XViD
DAT
OGM
RM
RV
RAM
MP4
#304;SO
ISO
#304;MG
IMG
ASF
ASF
M4V
TS

and the device manager did find more movies, but still can not find my TV episodes (directory is included in scan).
I can add them using "Add tv episodes from files (Device Scanner)", but the Device Manager doesn't find them automatically.

Also i did add "avi" with lower case, to the list too but after clicking ok they're saved CAPTILIZED.

Which I think causes the issue.

By the way, instead of having to do it after every update, I'm forced to do it every restart (xmm restart).

Edited by - ComZiz on 25 Sep 2013 15:30:56
Go to Top of Page

JustME

371 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2013 :  16:19:28  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
By the way, instead of having to do it after every update, I'm forced to do it every restart (xmm restart).

There is the biggest problem! You don't have permissions to make changes to the ini file.
The easiest way is to run the application as administrator and then you will have the full permissions necessary. Ale was going to setup permissions on the registry keys and ini file I thought, but for now, run it as administrator so it will save your changes
Go to Top of Page

ComZiz

Turkey
282 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2013 :  23:20:41  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
But it is running as administrator, everytime. =(
Go to Top of Page

ComZiz

Turkey
282 Posts

Posted - 26 Sep 2013 :  04:35:42  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
But it is running as administrator, everytime. =(
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.13 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07