Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Suggestions / New Features
 Exporting template to networked media server
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

unominous
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2013 :  00:21:42  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
This may be impossible with the structure of the program, and my situation may be otherwise unique, but here goes:

I run an Ubuntu media server using Greyhole for redundancy; this server also holds my XMM databases. Two (so far) Windows XBMC clients access the server. I use XMM to export nfo files using the default XBMC template. However, actor photos don't show up on XBMC. I've found that in order for XBMC to find the pic, the <thumb> tag needs to point to "smb:\\Server\DB\DB_photos\pic.jpg" but the tag written by XMM is "\\Server\DB\DB_photos\\pic.jpg".

As it stands, I currently put titles in a holding directory to perform all the batch file tasks I need to run (rename covers to movie.tbn, rewrite tags) and then move them to final directories and have XMM update the database. The problem is that Greyhole logs every change and then grinds away updating its metafiles. If the batch is large this means that it may take a day or more for the files to be visible to my Windows machines.

So here's where the impossibility may come in: Can a feature be added to rename or copy cover art to the title's directory with the name movie.tbn or at least a tbn extension? Can a template be customized to include the proper path structure, i.e. with backslashes and the smb:// protocol tag?
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.15 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07