Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Bug Reports
 Serious issue with "special" characters
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

apd

Greece
378 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2013 :  14:11:14  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Updating with IMDB fastest in v8.1.3 the film "L'Ennemi Public" fills in the Director field with a truncated name.

The same field (updated today) in v7.2.3.6 also has a problem, but not as horrible.

Please compare the screen grabs, it's evident.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/196/0hf3.jpg/

EDIT: Exactly the same result in v8 with IMDB.COM (Complete).txt and with TheMovieDB.org Multilanguage.

EDIT: The script Amazon.Com.Complete brings in a result more similar to IMDB-v7 but not identical.

Edited by - apd on 03 Dec 2013 14:42:33

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2013 :  16:22:30  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you,

I have try with THEMOVIEDB.ORG and works correctly.

I will try to look to IMDB asap.

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

fege

Yugoslavia
152 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2013 :  20:05:41  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
My script IMDBv1.3 works well.
I am using 8.05 version of XMM

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/9238/sund.png
Go to Top of Page

apd

Greece
378 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2013 :  20:53:32  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Unfortunately, the name is truncated in exactly the same way with your script v1.3.4 in v 8.1.3.

I think the issue is related to how XMM reacts with the Locale of the system. You and Ale probably use a Western Europe Locale, so you don't see a problem with "c,". But in your screen grab, the japanese title has a similar problem. A user with japanese locale would have no problem there, but would have a problem with "c,". And me, having a greek locale, have a problem with both.

These issues were resolved with Unicode, and Firefox has no problem honoring the character sets. But in XMM these issues always existed. The new thing is that the IMDB script in v7 brings a different (and better) result than the ones in v8. And I have no idea why.

Edited by - apd on 04 Dec 2013 15:57:22
Go to Top of Page

marcocc
Starting Member

24 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2013 :  12:49:33  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I've reported the same problem with accented chars in italian titles a few daya ago; i'm persuaded that is somehow related on how xMM 8 handles the conversion of the web page made by the script. Maybe the script engine not supporting unicode?

Go to Top of Page

apd

Greece
378 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2013 :  09:08:09  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I just noticed that the Director's name is not truncated but... split into two fields. Can you please check it?

Go to Top of Page

apd

Greece
378 Posts

Posted - 10 Dec 2013 :  11:02:45  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Well, I tried to change the "Locale for non Unicode programs" to Italian, but nothing changed - the script again read the "c," as a break character and split the name into two fields.
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 10 Dec 2013 :  15:41:14  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
As long as there is no unicode in XMM we all have to replace those characters in the script itself.
Just add these char combinations in the script section where all the other conversions already are.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Sciolto

65 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2013 :  17:11:00  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by JDommi

As long as there is no unicode in XMM we all have to replace those characters in the script itself.
Just add these char combinations in the script section where all the other conversions already are.

Adding unicode support to XMM seems a better solution to me. Why tinker with the scripts ? XMM is difficult enough to learn as it is. Simple solutions are always the best and this has been long overdue.
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2013 :  17:51:39  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
You're right. But what to do until Ale has managed it to make XMM ready for unicode?

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Sciolto

65 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2013 :  17:57:42  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by JDommi

You're right. But what to do until Ale has managed it to make XMM ready for unicode?

I intend to wait for a fix, but not forever ;)
Meanwhile it would be nice to have some sort of feedback from Ale about his intentions.
Go to Top of Page

GreenGremlim

Portugal
55 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2014 :  00:46:18  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Bump!
Is there any news about making XMM unicode "compatible"?
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2014 :  14:11:50  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

I have upload a fix for IMDB just now, please try it and let me know.

Thank you,

Ale

Go to Top of Page

Sciolto

65 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2014 :  16:25:20  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Alessio Viti

Hello,

I have upload a fix for IMDB just now, please try it and let me know.

Thank you,

Ale

What is there to test ? You could provide info about what has been fixed in the script and in the new XMM release. For me nothing has improved.

- Special characters are still not picked up correctly. When can we expect unicode support in XMM ?
- Put AKA 11 (Interntional English) to the title also still does not work
- The old custom fields that have now dedicated fields (like AKAS) are also still not filled.
- What was fixed in april 2013 with the end op the synopsis being written by &view=simple&sort=alpha&ref_=tt_stry_pl" > is again broken.

A very upset customer.
Go to Top of Page

Yossik
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2014 :  22:36:32  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I bought this software and was about to import my movie collection using CSFD.cz script. It does not take any special character from czech language ìšèøžýáíéúù so it is utterly useless. The site I suppose should be in UTF8 encoding.

Right now I reall ycannnot use your software. Is there any solution?

Thank you!

Ladislav
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2014 :  14:07:15  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

I am trying to take a look, I hope to finish soon. If there is someone that know Czech language and want help will be perfect

Ale

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.14 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07