Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Bug Reports
 Impressions on v.8.2.4
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

apd

Greece
378 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2014 :  10:56:58  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
After a while, I try again to test a new version to see how it's evolved. I must admit that 8.2.4 is much closer to what the original v8 should have been when it was released. It is now faster and usable, but here's what I'm missing most:

1. Unicode support. Ale, you have evaded related comments and questions, but we need a direct response: what are your plans? Do you think it is feasible to support unicode in XMM and scripts?

2. The functions that were available in RightClick>Tools in v7, and especially the subset Modify Values on Field.

3. A customizable QuickEdit window.

4. A better Export utility, allowing for Plot and Notes contents to Wrap.

5. A smarter File Manager with filters and a more effective Rename function.

6. A Ctrl+Del shortcut to Delete entries

Most of these issues have been discussed before and there are plenty of suggestions in the forum. If you're willing to focus on some, I'd be happy to elaborate.

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2014 :  12:53:21  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Apd,

I must admit that I still don't know how to fix the problem of unicode in the script manager. The problem is that when I donwload the html of a website its not in unicode, so I have to use the "replace" to get the correct data...

I will work on this.

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

Sciolto

65 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2014 :  08:02:29  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Alessio Viti

Hello Apd,

I must admit that I still don't know how to fix the problem of unicode in the script manager. The problem is that when I donwload the html of a website its not in unicode, so I have to use the "replace" to get the correct data...

I will work on this.

Ale

The #SUBSTITUTETAGS# section has two lines with SUBSTITUTEWORD#=#32 There is a whole range of substituteword just before the second occurence that is still incorrect I belief. For me it only works if I change it into:

#SUBSTITUTEWORD#=à =à
#SUBSTITUTEWORD#=à¡=á
#SUBSTITUTEWORD#=à¢=â
#SUBSTITUTEWORD#=à£=à
#SUBSTITUTEWORD#=à¤=ä
#SUBSTITUTEWORD#=à¥=å
#SUBSTITUTEWORD#=à¦=æ
#SUBSTITUTEWORD#=à§=ç
#SUBSTITUTEWORD#=à¨=è
#SUBSTITUTEWORD#=à©=é
#SUBSTITUTEWORD#=àª=ê
#SUBSTITUTEWORD#=à«=ë
#SUBSTITUTEWORD#=à¬=ì
#SUBSTITUTEWORD#=à­=í
#SUBSTITUTEWORD#=à®=î
#SUBSTITUTEWORD#=à¯=ï
#SUBSTITUTEWORD#=à°=ð
#SUBSTITUTEWORD#=à±=ñ
#SUBSTITUTEWORD#=à²=ò
#SUBSTITUTEWORD#=à³=ó
#SUBSTITUTEWORD#=à´=ô
#SUBSTITUTEWORD#=àµ=õ
#SUBSTITUTEWORD#=à¶=ö
#SUBSTITUTEWORD#=à·=÷
#SUBSTITUTEWORD#=à¸=ø
#SUBSTITUTEWORD#=à¹=ù
#SUBSTITUTEWORD#=àº=ú
#SUBSTITUTEWORD#=à»=û
#SUBSTITUTEWORD#=à¼=ü
#SUBSTITUTEWORD#=à½=ý
#SUBSTITUTEWORD#=à¾=þ
#SUBSTITUTEWORD#=à¿=ÿ

Go to Top of Page

Sciolto

65 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2014 :  08:42:58  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
- The Put AKA to Title with option 11 (International English) is still broken. Please fix it!

- In combination with a new bug the previous one is even worse in XMM 8.2.4. Now the Quick update movie no longer uses the Directlink to update but it is searching IMDB all over again to build a title list to chose from and the selected move is indicated (in red) as "Already on DB". This happens with foreign titles that had to be changed manually because of the Put AKA bug. When doing an update on such movies the "DirectLinks Automatically Searched" setting as well as the "Imported from internet" is unchecked automatically for the movie. For the latter this may be correct but "DirectLinks Automatically Searched" should remain checked while updating with a Directlink present and the script option to "Use Intelligent Directlink engine" is active.

I appreciate your efforts to get it right but I hope you also understand that it is frustrating to read that you try to fix bugs right away when posting in the forum but when a release is updated the bugs are still there and new bugs are introduced on top of them. At some point I will have no other option of accepting your offer for a refund and start looking for alternatives.

Edited by - Sciolto on 30 Jan 2014 08:44:03
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2014 :  09:59:27  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
To the AKA: That's a problem of IMDB. Sometimes there is an "Original Title", sometimes "International English", sometimes "International Title". And these combinations I have seen in round brackets "()" and/or with small letters only.
I will try to fix it today or 'til the weekend (without a garantuee to work everytime).

I think the bug problem is frustrating every user. Now after more than a year it's really killing to still have such an amount of bugs - But with the latest update I think that release 8 becomes useable. I admit that there is still a lot of work but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel
Over the years I have tested a few progs but there is only one XMM. Even with all these bugs it's better than all the other software (I know).

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Sciolto

65 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2014 :  11:07:56  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The latest addition to the line of bugs : "Unhandled exception" after which XMM has to be terminated. (See image)

One more bug for the road : movie length is no longer picke up in the IMDB script.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xfk8tfiaq4k3vr3/Untitled.jpg

Edited by - Sciolto on 30 Jan 2014 11:13:42
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2014 :  11:40:17  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Well, unhandled exceptions I don't have had so far...

To the movie length I can say that I just have tested one movie "Fleisch" (USA title "Spare Parts") and the length is taken. Instead I'm missing the MPAA and the sudio/distributor list is "only" taken from the main page for that it's incomplete.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Sciolto

65 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2014 :  13:08:06  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by JDommi

Well, unhandled exceptions I don't have had so far...

To the movie length I can say that I just have tested one movie "Fleisch" (USA title "Spare Parts") and the length is taken. Instead I'm missing the MPAA and the sudio/distributor list is "only" taken from the main page for that it's incomplete.

I added a new movie J. Edgar (2011) and it did not take the length whereas the length is available on the site. Maybe you can try this title too ?
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2014 :  13:28:45  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
You're right, for J. Edgar the length is not taken. I had tested it with "Spare Parts/Fleisch" and "Daylight/Daglicht".
Really strange.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Sciolto

65 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2014 :  13:42:16  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by JDommi

You're right, for J. Edgar the length is not taken. I had tested it with "Spare Parts/Fleisch" and "Daylight/Daglicht".
Really strange.

It is probably caused by the fact that for movies like J. Edgar there are too many "Technical Specifications" to be shown completly on the main page. If you follow the link to all Technical Specifications then the seacrh for the string 'Runtime' will provide a hit.
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2014 :  14:11:43  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yes, too much info on this page. Maybe one can take the runtime from the line beneath the title at the top. But this can differ from language to language!?
Easiest way would be to make a script for an IMDB API. But for that I have too less experience with MagicScript...
http://www.binaryworks.it/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12192

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

apd

Greece
378 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2014 :  18:36:49  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Ale, when I open an IMDB page with a browser set in Auto Select (or universal) Page Encoding, then the page is always shown in Unicode - therefore I should think that IMDB respects this encoding and any error is introduced by the Magic Script engine. I've no idea how the MSEngine works, but perhaps you'll find smth useful in this old but informative page

http://www.joelonsoftware.com/articles/Unicode.html
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2014 :  13:02:54  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Guys,

I will take a look about IMDB, JDOmmi ha sent to me a script fix for akas.

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

Sciolto

65 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2014 :  16:16:15  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Alessio Viti

Hello Guys,

I will take a look about IMDB, JDOmmi ha sent to me a script fix for akas.

Ale

Please have a look at the unhandled exception too. It may occur when compacting and repairing a database.
Go to Top of Page

Sciolto

65 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2014 :  11:35:07  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
bump
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.16 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07