Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Bug Reports
 HELP: asking for password???
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

cjnewman
Starting Member

United Kingdom
8 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2014 :  10:09:56  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I've just tried loading XMM8 and its asking me for a password ( "Please insert a password to access this data"). I don't recall ever setting a password... Can anyone advise?
( i have uninstaleld and reinstalled a new version. I've a lifetime license and have never seen this issue before with any version of xmm)
HELP

cjnewman
Starting Member

United Kingdom
8 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2014 :  10:47:01  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
As background.
I did a full uninstall of XMM8 (the latest version asking for a password)
I am running windows 8.1
I deleted my current movie database, after checking it loaded ok in access (it did)
I installed a new clean version of XMM8 downloaded from this site
it STILL comes up asking me for a password.
The example database will open in access. but XMM will not load without a password which I've not given it.
help? PLEASE

I currently am unable to use
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 13 Apr 2014 :  10:08:10  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

For sure XMM is not able to use the DLL to open the database, this is why is asking for a password.

Please try to reinstall/repair the MS Framework. You can find also in the download page of binaryworks.

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

cjnewman
Starting Member

United Kingdom
8 Posts

Posted - 13 Apr 2014 :  19:42:56  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks for your reply. I'm not sure it helps.
I have Windows 8.1, it is running MS framework 4.5
this comes preinstalled with Windows 8
I have changed nothing on my PC since the last update of XMM and it stopped working.
I do NOT KNOW HOW to repair MS Framework??????
I cannot reinstall MS Framework as its now part of MS windows 8.1 and I can't find an installable version
If I try and install version 4 from the download on binaryworks site, it just tells me its preinstalled

Can you advise?
1) How can I repair MS framework 4.5 on Windows 8.1?
2) How can I reinstall MS Frameork 4.5 on Windows 8.1?
PLEASE bear in mind I'm NOT a computer technician or developer and need a simple solution

Or should I just vive up with XMM? It worked for years with no problems for me until the move to XMM8 and since then I've had no end of problems. I REALLY dont want to give up on XMM.

Chris
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 13 Apr 2014 :  21:31:20  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Good old Win8... I simply hate it! Best thing on it is that I don't use it @home

Try this site for a fresh download: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/5a4x27ek(v=vs.110).aspx

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

cjnewman
Starting Member

United Kingdom
8 Posts

Posted - 17 Apr 2014 :  22:27:51  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks for got help.
Tried reloading Framework, but with windows 8.1, wouldnt let me "reload" as it's "included in window".

However, the latest update for windows 8.1 ( an 890mb upgrade!) has resolved both my issues, the password problem, and my other problem with the imbd script not loading all fields.

thanks for your help.
Go to Top of Page

leslei

84 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2014 :  03:38:32  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I Had the Same Problem TODAY

It Asked Me for A Password

This Only Happened After My Computer CRASHED

I Was updating The Actors and the Computer Shutdown

I Was Unable to Open My Database File In Extreme Movie Manager.

I Did WAS Able to FIX MY DATABASE BY Opening In In Microsoft ACCESS And Do A COMPACT AND REPAIR.

The I Was Able to Open My Database in Extreme Movie

All I Lost Was ONE ACTOR So I Was Lucky THIS Time

Les
Go to Top of Page

alsystems

USA
116 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2014 :  04:24:07  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by leslei

I Had the Same Problem TODAY ...
All I Lost Was ONE ACTOR So I Was Lucky THIS Time

Les

You did luck out this time!
Don't forget to use the backup option often just in case something goes wrong in the future.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.15 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07