Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 09 Dec 2014 :  23:27:38  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Or someone who has a plan for you

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

rbrekken
Starting Member

Norway
12 Posts

Posted - 12 Dec 2014 :  07:48:49  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Click to see rbrekken's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Strange... There seem to be so many that have big problems using XMM8, but I have "none".. :-) I've used XMM8 since it became available and must say that I'm fairly pleased with it. It have some bugs and glitches, yes, but I've learned how to avoid them and then it works pretty good.

But development is going a bit slowly, so maybe Alessio could need some assistance in the process (specification, coding, +++)? Does anybody know if he has ever considered that?

regards,
Roar
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 12 Dec 2014 :  10:12:58  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I don't have really big problems like you - fortunately. But there are some bugs that do limit working with XMM and or the comfort to work with. "Old" users do know times where updates, new features and bugfixes came multiple a week or maybe a month. So their mourning is kinda reasonable. Especially since release 8 that categorically must have been released at the same time like windows 8. Both was - in my eyes - a flop.
And very new users maybe frustrated about less and lesser updates in the last 2 years. So they have to live with all those little bugs that in their sum are more than annoying.
If Ale thinks of a "helping hand"? I don't know but I don't think so. The only help he has are 2 moderators for the forum where one of them wasn't seen for about 1 year now. For me the whole situation is frustrating, too. As I mostly can't really help in answering all those questions in the forum about workarounds or bugs I can only pass these questions to Ale who sometimes doesn't respond for weeks...

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Mawu

Germany
1025 Posts

Posted - 13 Dec 2014 :  14:26:24  Show Profile  Visit Mawu's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
But development is going a bit slowly, so maybe Alessio could need some assistance in the process (specification, coding, +++)?

I think help in coding is not possible and not wanted. Help is possible in the periphery of the program (scripts, movie cards addons, tutorials and mobile apps). But this activities stand and fall with a good and error-free core program.

quote:
Especially since release 8 that categorically must have been released at the same time like windows 8. Both was - in my eyes - a flop.

No. Windows 8 was not buggy and only needed getting used to. In the meantime I like it (most of all since I've bought a convertible). xMM8 hmmm, it's more or less a love-hate relationship

quote:
The only help he has are 2 moderators for the forum where one of them wasn't seen for about 1 year now.

We will never see him again.

quote:
For me the whole situation is frustrating, too. As I mostly can't really help in answering all those questions in the forum about workarounds or bugs I can only pass these questions to Ale who sometimes doesn't respond for weeks...

Don't be frustrated and carry on. You have to be the Last one who turn out the lights here. ;-)

www.schlemmerkino.de - Die Nr.1 für filmische Leckereien
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 13 Dec 2014 :  18:13:57  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I don't know where the switcher is, Mawu

Okay, Win8... I have to use it at my job. It's not the bugs but I think it's too heavy-handed in much functions/actions. My opinion! So no discussion about, hehe.

But good to know that at least you are still on in this forum, Mawu!

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Mawu

Germany
1025 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2014 :  00:02:02  Show Profile  Visit Mawu's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
But good to know that at least you are still on in this forum, Mawu!

There is no reason to leave. xMM8 is still in use here and this will not change in the near future.

www.schlemmerkino.de - Die Nr.1 für filmische Leckereien
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2014 :  00:24:23  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
As said: Good to know

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.14 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07