Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Scripts
 Found problem with DVDempire Scripts
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

nehickel

USA
265 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2014 :  03:49:14  Show Profile  Visit nehickel's Homepage  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I used the Script Editor and found why I've been unable to get information such as UPC Code. The script finds the correct line with the UPC Code but it tries to get the exact value by looking in between the characters of : and " for the value. Neither of those values exist on that line. There are other variables that are looked for using : that are no longer used by DVDempire.

My question is, is this an issue I should resolve and submit or is there a more appropriate contact to handle this??

Thanks,
Norm

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2014 :  09:41:24  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Fastest way would be if you can do the changes and submit it to Ale.
Thanks in advance!

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 20 Jun 2014 :  08:32:59  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

I will try to fix it this morning,

Thank you!

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

nehickel

USA
265 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2014 :  20:42:58  Show Profile  Visit nehickel's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Alessio,
I've emailed you the repaired versions of both DVDempire scripts. They worked correctly in the MagicScript Editor but I do have a few questions about the MagicScript Editor, Its syntax usage and data formatting requirement. I did read the manual on the wiki site but still have some questions I hope you can answer.

1) I noticed that the blocks of code do not execute in the same sequence as they are listed in the script, they jump around. Why is that? How does the engine know which blocks to execute first, second, etc...

2) When extracting data like Actors, how does XMM know your feeding multiple values into the same #TAKEACTOR# variable?? Also I noticed that some data has a character added to the end of the string (#STRING#=#03#=#03#§#00#). Should this be done on all data where there are multiple values being added??

3) I noticed that some string data that already contains multiple values plus HTML code such as <br/> gets changed in #SUBSTITUTETAGS# to #NEWLINE#. If you have a string like "Subtitles English, French, Spanish", would it be better to replace the "," with a #NEWLINE# before putting the string into #TAKESUBTITLE# ?

Thank You,
Norm
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2014 :  22:37:48  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
1. The blocks are executed in a fixed order. This order is always the same. It's in easy words a comparison one by one if a block exists.

2. TAKEACTOR always adds the new value to the existing one. The § separates actor§character§webid.

3. No, the separator for these multiple values are | (pipe sign) or the , (comma). Think that this value is treated as string instead of memo.

I hope that will help you a little.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

nehickel

USA
265 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2014 :  02:12:58  Show Profile  Visit nehickel's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks for the quick reply. It took a couple days to fix the DVDempire scripts because they basically need to be rewritten. Almost all blocks failed to collect any data. I sent Ali the new scripts today (6/21). So look for the updated download I did remove the Writer block since that data no longer exists.
Since this is the script (website) I use to get the data I consider most important, I'll gladly keep this script updated.

Thanks,
Norm
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.12 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07