Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Suggestions / New Features
 Update specific fields
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Mathimid

59 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2014 :  13:06:09  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I'm currently updating movies from 2013 to update the awards of these movies.
I locked all fields from updating, so that not all informations will be rewritten be the updating process. It's a little bothersome to delete the the award information of any movie and update afterwards.
Would be cool to have a feature to update only specific fields or to lock those fields, which don't have to be overwritten.

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2014 :  14:15:26  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
In the Script Options you can (de-)select the fields you don't wanna process. This works only for movies but not for TVShows.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Mathimid

59 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2014 :  14:22:43  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I know. But if i do this, i have to reactivate the rest of the fields after the updating process. Also a little bothersome.

Edited by - Mathimid on 11 Sep 2014 14:23:19
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2014 :  21:43:03  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Okay, that's right. Unfortunately my ASO plugin has no access to these settings as they are handled by XMM internally.
But maybe I can include the saved settings for into my prog - but I have to test if that functionality is possible.

Meanwhile you can try to backup these settings manually. They are stored in a subfolder of XMM or directly in the .ini file. (If it's in the .ini then the backup is already included in the ASO plugin.)

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Mathimid

59 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2014 :  22:18:30  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I had an other idea. I copied and renamed the script, so that i could use the same script with a different setting without loosing the settings for the normal import.
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2014 :  23:32:45  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
That doesn't work. The fields you wanna import are NOT stored in the script itself.

*EDIT*
Oops, haven't seen that you have written to rename the script.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.13 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07