Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Information
 TV show naming rules
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

smeuning
Starting Member

Belgium
2 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2014 :  20:50:50  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi

I'm new in this forum and this is my first post. I obtained XMM8 about 2 weeks ago and spend a few evenings experimenting with it.I ran into some trouble with importing TV-shows. I just want to understand if the directory structure and the filename needs to follow certain conventions for XMM8 to recognise properly the season and the indivudual episode numbers.
I found an example in thread http://www.binaryworks.it/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12778&SearchTerms=TV,shows
Are we supposed to following this type of directory layout and file naming?
I just copied one TV show from my HTPC to another PC (running XMM8) and changed the filenames and directory structure according the example in abovelisted thread ( it's a 1 season show with episodes 1 till 10). The import function recognises the name of the show and the individual episodes names but not the seasons number and the episode number ( they remain 0 ). If I correct this manually then I can use the scripts to collect pictures, fanart etc.
Which rules do I need to follow for directory and filenaming? Is this documented somewhere?

Thanks in advance and Best Regards

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2014 :  23:30:20  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I didn't have tested which combinations are recognized but I have used always "Showname - S0xE0x - Epsiodename" and I never get any problems with.
To keep every episode the same name I use the freeware "FileBot".
Which naming convention do you take when season/episode is always 0? Are you sure you don't import the episodes as movies? Keep in mind that there are different directories in the options to set.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

smeuning
Starting Member

Belgium
2 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2014 :  21:28:05  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi

Thanks for your response.

I could meanwhile resolve the issue.
In fact I overlooked an option. In the device scanner you can rightclick. This opens a panel with many options including a selection "Extract Title, Season and Number from Title"
The mask still had the default value, not suitable for my file naming.
The default mask was something like <SERIE> - <NUMBER>x<SEASON> - <TITLE>. I modified it to <SERIE> - S<SEASON>E<NUMBER> - <TITLE>.
Afterwards the import was OK including the correct season/episode.

Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2014 :  22:41:46  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Oops, haven't thought of this option. I thought that the S0xE0x option was the standard one.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.15 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07