Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Bug Reports
 Update Actor with Different Script
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

alsystems

USA
116 Posts

Posted - 19 Dec 2014 :  19:26:32  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I've been updating the People Table (from TreeView) and noticed that the
'Update Actor(s) with Different Script' does not work properly in XMM 8.4.2.0

This function will pick the default Actor Script instead of the selected Script.

I made a modified script called 'IMDB.COM (ActorsNoImage).txt' which could not be used.
However this script worked fine when I renamed it to 'IMDB.COM (Actors).txt' (default script for people)

Edited by - alsystems on 20 Dec 2014 00:38:38

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 19 Dec 2014 :  22:43:00  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
For me that works fine. I have a few "special" scripts (different fixed values for some importing values) and I can call them without problems. Only problem occurs on modified scripts with the same name as the original, to say only corrected/changed scripts. In that case it seems as if the script is not called originally but out of some kind of buffer. There must be an other error on your problem.
Is the new script recognized? Check if you really have selected the new script - I myself sometimes click faster than my mouse reacts or I'm clicking while the mouse cursor is still moving.

*EDIT*
Oops, I just have had this behaviour on movies. On actors I don't know.
[First reading then understanding then answering ]

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 20 Dec 2014 :  18:19:03  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Finally I have had the time to check.
I can conform that bug. There is always taken the last used script.
From out of the edit window it is possible to use a different source.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

alsystems

USA
116 Posts

Posted - 22 Dec 2014 :  02:45:13  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by JDommi
From out of the edit window it is possible to use a different source.

I don't fully understand your response.

Are you suggesting I go to the 'Add/Edit People' Page in the 'Details' Tab and change the data in 'Script Used' to something different than 'IMDB.COM (Actors).txt|'
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 22 Dec 2014 :  09:54:02  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
No, no! I don't suggest that! That would really be a pain! It was only a check if it is a general bug on the function itself or only a wrong jump inside the XMM8 code.
As the function is already implemented it should be easy for Ale to correct that bug.

quote:
Are you suggesting I go to the 'Add/Edit People' Page in the 'Details' Tab and change the data in 'Script Used' to something different than 'IMDB.COM (Actors).txt|'

I only have tested the function "Import with a different script" on the bottom of the edit window (not the QuickEdit). If removing the "last used script" and/or the "weblink" will do the job? Haven't thought of that and therefor I don't have tested it.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

alsystems

USA
116 Posts

Posted - 22 Dec 2014 :  15:58:13  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I displayed the people list, highlighted several people and then selected the function 'Update Actor with Different Script' from the right-click menu.

I don't use quick edit.
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 22 Dec 2014 :  19:35:44  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
My test was by making a double click on an actor and then update with a different script. That's at the moment the only way to update an actor by another script. But you have to do it one by one - and that's not really the easy way

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.13 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07