Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Information
 Going with new drive locations
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

bluesmoke
Starting Member

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2014 :  00:08:31  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Long time user...,consolidating old drive locations to One massive drive. By using under Tools, File manager Movies, Files Functions, Copy Files to Another Folders... so I would keep old locations along with setting new locations on the one big drive So I have all movies with two different physical locations as a backup. It worked for the first drive okay but it stopped working all together not writing new drive locations. Now at startup I'm getting a popup even with all drives running at startup:
The provider could not determine the Object value. For example, the row was just created, the default for the Object column was not available, and the consumer had not yet set a new Object value. There is a problem with your Windows XMM cannot perform operation with Administrator rights, please run EMM in windows XP sp3.

Which I tried nothing has worked.
The other popup is: The provider could not determine the Object value. For example, the row was just created, the default for the object column was not available, and the consumer had not yet set a new Object value.

Please help

David Phifer

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2014 :  09:55:35  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
For movies I always use the device scanner to read the old AND the new folder contents. Of course I have manually moved all the physical files. Ticked in the device scanner to automatically change the path if a file has been moved to another directory. So I doesn't have doubled locations.

Your problem with the object error seem to be "windows" made. I think of a damaged (or maybe wrong) driver for access. But at first please try to start XMM with administrator rights. If that will already solve your problem. Attention: on some OS like Windows 7 you will have to check your options again as the really used ini files for XMM are stored in a different directory.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.14 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07