Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Bug Reports
 Genre fields change the width of the cover field
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Mathimid

59 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2015 :  01:11:18  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
The report belongs to the movie_bigcover movie card.

If you have many genres or subgenres for a movie, the written genres are written without a break so that the left side of the table is widened and the front cover field is out of alignment.

I've tried to search the related range of code in the movie card files by myself, but the structure is a little complicated to under stand, if you didn't created such a template by yourself. So i gave up to search. Backward engineering is not my scene.

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2015 :  10:35:09  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
replace line 172 of the movie_bigcover.htm
<br><font class="fsize1 f_Tahoma"><span style="fsize1"><a href="" onClick="window.external.COLLECTION_GENRECLICK('_MOVIE_GENRE_');return false;">_MOVIE_GENRE_</a></span> </font></td>

with this block
<br><font class="fsize1 f_Tahoma"><span style="fsize1"><a href="" onClick="window.external.COLLECTION_GENRECLICK('_MOVIE_GENRE_');return false;">
	  	<script>
	        	var the_genre = "_MOVIE_GENRE_";
			document.write(the_genre.split(',').join(", "));
		</script>
        </a></span> </font></td>

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Mathimid

59 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2015 :  12:06:00  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks a lot.

Addition...
You have to add this little javascript also for the subgenre field a few lines under the genre. There are mostly more subgenres than genres. Everything looks good now. Thanks again.
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2015 :  14:21:11  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Well, I think it depends on the used script. For me even multiple (sub)genres fit the correct width.

Meanwhile there are multiple little bugs in the card itself. Like this one or the missing flags for multiple countries that I already have corrected a while ago.
Maybe we should open a thread for those user-correctable bugs that don't need Ale's contribution. Would be good to have some users that are more familiar with javascript than me.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.15 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07