Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Information
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Lamellion
Starting Member

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2015 :  14:51:28  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
As above but also a old aged Dummy.

My Knowledge is pretty basic, but apart from scripts etc, I am slowing learning. However, many of my movies do not have a cover, I have experimented with different scripts without success. In fact I have a chosen source open now and the script engine has been running for ten minutes without producing anything. I would like to batch install all the missing covers if that is possible. Can anyone advise me please, but please keep it simple cos I am simple minded lol

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2015 :  17:04:24  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I would do it this way:
1. select all movies in the grid
2. right click in the grid -> update with a different script -> IMDB(complete)
3. select in script options to take only the cover field
4. proceed...
5. do not forget to re-select the other fields before importing new movies with this script

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

Lamellion
Starting Member

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2015 :  17:16:01  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you JDommi, I will give that a try.
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2015 :  19:57:32  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Something I hasve forgotten to mention. Before importing the data XMM checks EVERY title that's selected if the movie is found on the script's site. Therefor it's better to select not too much movies at a time.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.15 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07