Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Information
 Strange behaviour when adding movie
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

roger_price
Starting Member

United Kingdom
5 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2016 :  19:32:57  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I have a movie file on disk called perhaps: Joe Hero 6 How I Saved the World (2016).mkv

I add this manually by selecting the file from disk. It names it 'Joe Hero 6 How I Saved the World' year '2016'

Now I know that it is almost pointless to search for the full file name so I delete 'Joe Hero 6' and save the file record. In the main 'add/edit movie' box the description I previously saved is again prefixed by 'Joe Hero 6'. I delete it again and tick OK.

The movie grid view now shows the name with 'Joe Hero 6' again. If at this point I edit thye record and delete the offending prefix it stays deleted and IMDB successfully finds the correct movie.

Please can you explain this rather strange behaviour?

mlashEMM
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2016 :  20:27:11  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Right click on the movie while in "Grid or Thumbnail View" and click on the "Clear All Fields and Reset Import Status" After this just right click on the movie and click edit. This will allow you to rename the movie and import. You should use the ":" when you rename such as "Joe Hero 6: How I Saved the World". Also, do not include the year; let the import give you a list so you can choose the exact movie that you want.

You must "Clear All Fields and Reset Import Status" first.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.13 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07