Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Information
 Combine 2 databases? (Closed)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

wellwet

Turkey
103 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2016 :  21:37:14  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
How can I combinbe 2 different XMM databases? Or import second one to the first?

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2016 :  21:55:23  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Impossible.
Just open the bigger database and add the titles of the second one manually or by a text list.
Maybe it's possible to export one database as .nfo and then use the devicescanner to add new files with reading the .nfo file. But for that it's neccessary to have the movies on hd.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

wellwet

Turkey
103 Posts

Posted - 22 Feb 2016 :  10:39:20  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I have managed it with Access. Opened first DB, imported 2nd DB as access DB. It made 2 copies of each table (ActorsLink and ActorsLink1 etc.) For each table I have opened the second one -ActorsLink1- selected all cells, copied them, and PASTE APPEND them to the first table. Did it for all the tables and deleted xxx1 tables, compact end repair DB. Looks like works OK :)

If somebody need it can try this method...
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 22 Feb 2016 :  11:15:55  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Really? Aren't there any doubled entries? And do all actors have their own picture and are they really assigned to the "Movies in Database"?

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

wellwet

Turkey
103 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2016 :  10:49:54  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I didn't check, because I'm not using actor names (I was cleaning people in old versions to just keep director names, in some old version it also cleared directors too and I had to rebuild the DB!)

My two databases were the different part of a old database so indexes for actors etc. should have same values, then "combined" one must have correct names.

I'm using XMM more than 10 years, now I have a > 12,000 movies DB. It is not possible for me to reread all the movies again. Looks like I have to learn Access or another DB program, I hope Alessi keep his motivation to fix XMM :) We are really dependent to him!
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2016 :  11:42:01  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
What about adding only the movies like you already did and then do a Reupdate all Actors (Rightclick in the grid -> Tools)?
Maybe that will do the trick...

The optimal way would be to clear everything except the title, the webid and the script used field and then do a re-upadate on all movies.
Yes, that will last a few days but that way you will have a clean database. Only problem will be that movies where you have added data manually.

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.16 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07