Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Glenn
Starting Member

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2006 :  07:13:14  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
There seems to be a problem in Cover manager. When I select a cover and then try and shift/move it to the left it seems to replace the cover that was in that place. Hard to explain, but I had 4 covers, I tried to move the 3rd one in the list to the first position and ended up with 5 copies all of the same cover and lost the others that were originally in the list....

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2006 :  15:43:33  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Glenn,

You are right, there is a problem in Cover Manager, I will investigate...

Thank you!

Alessio
Go to Top of Page

Glenn
Starting Member

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 12 Jun 2006 :  01:04:00  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
FYI...this is still broken...and a pain to try and manage covers!
Go to Top of Page

Glenn
Starting Member

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2006 :  08:03:37  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
bump
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2006 :  11:11:25  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Glenn,

I am trying to find the problem. Sometimes COver Manager fails, sometime not, it drive me crazy

Alessio
Go to Top of Page

Glenn
Starting Member

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 19 Jun 2006 :  05:33:13  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks for the update Alessio!
Go to Top of Page

racto

Chile
63 Posts

Posted - 04 Jul 2006 :  16:45:52  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
the cover manager is the buggiest part of xmm. it fails in random situations:
1. import data & cover from imdb, when finished the data is there, the cover is gone.
2. while importing data&cover, in the main screen appears the first cover in the cover folder (in my case 1-ichi).
3. many (or all of the?) new imported covers are saved twice: in the proper way (id-name) and correlative to the cover shown in point 2 (i-ichi_##).
4. sometimes when importing a cover directly, xmm refuses to show the imported picture; cover count is 0. but if you look the cover folder, all the covers are there, but they aren't shown. FIX: delete manually all cover of the movie, then try again.
5. sometimes the "delete all" button doesn't delete anything.

that's all i can remember right now.
bye.

ps. i'd really like a database converting tool 4.x <-> 5.x

Rodrigo Carvajal
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 05 Jul 2006 :  16:42:19  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Racto,

I am trying to fix this part of XMM, but I receive the errors in a random way, so I cannot find exactly the problem.

Thank you!

Alessio
Go to Top of Page

hgurami
Starting Member

Turkey
5 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2006 :  16:51:53  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi everybody,
I don't know whether the problem is a bug or me. But i couldn't find any solution so i am writing here.
I have 976 film data and try to add 20. Before this i create a new database and transfer all data from old one(example.mdb) to the new. Everything is good. I read data from CD and get data from internet with IMDB script. When i finish importing data i see that the new ones have no picture except the first one. The first one have all the pictures inside and the cover names becomes "%Movie%-%title%. I delete all the pictures and try to insert picture manually. Whatever i do, all pictures are inserted into the first movie of the new twenty films.
What can i do or what am i doing wrong? If you can help me i will be so glad. Thanks.

Hakan Tufek
Go to Top of Page

hgurami
Starting Member

Turkey
5 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2006 :  16:54:57  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
By the way i'm using XMM 5.2.8

Hakan Tufek
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2006 :  12:42:52  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Hgurami,

I don't know exactly waht to say, your problem is really strange.

Please make a test for me : create a new database, add some movies and import informations from internet. I need to know if you have this problem also with a new database or not.

Thank you

Alessio

Go to Top of Page

hgurami
Starting Member

Turkey
5 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2006 :  23:48:40  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Alessio,
As you say i create a new database and i add 3 movies

Sahara,
Lucky Number Slevin and
Rumor Has It...

After that i import data from internet using IMDB script. As i said before all data came but cover data is inserted to the first movie "Sahara"
I tried to put screen preview, i hope you can see it the other two movies have no cover.

Hakan Tufek
Go to Top of Page

hgurami
Starting Member

Turkey
5 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2006 :  23:56:27  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I forgot to say. The covers are saved to database cover directory as

%MOVİEID%-%TİTLE%
%MOVİEID%-%TİTLE%_1
%MOVİEID%-%TİTLE%_2
%MOVİEID%-%TİTLE%_3

Hakan Tufek
Go to Top of Page

Smajo
Starting Member

Croatia
4 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2006 :  22:41:29  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi !
Try the following ,it worked by me!
Cut the Covers from the database and put them into Your Documents, then rename them ( I just deleted the number in front of the cover).After that open Cover manager and ad the new covers to your movie .It is not a wery fast way to put Your covers to the movie but it is a solution until Alesio find out what the problem is !
Sorry for My bad English !
quote:
Originally posted by hgurami

I forgot to say. The covers are saved to database cover directory as

%MOVİEID%-%TİTLE%
%MOVİEID%-%TİTLE%_1
%MOVİEID%-%TİTLE%_2
%MOVİEID%-%TİTLE%_3

Hakan Tufek

Go to Top of Page

hgurami
Starting Member

Turkey
5 Posts

Posted - 24 Jul 2006 :  01:05:33  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Smajo
Thanks for the solution i will try it but it will be very long way, because there are lots of movies waiting for adding. Anyway i hope your solution will help me till alessio find the bug.
And i think your english is good

Thank you

Hakan Tufek
Go to Top of Page

Smajo
Starting Member

Croatia
4 Posts

Posted - 26 Jul 2006 :  22:44:56  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi hgurami
I have just imported 30 movies by selecting them all and my XMM 5.2.8.0 added all information (including covers) just great.Maybe it will be faster for You to import all your movies (if your hawe not a werry large collection) again from the Internet ? I think with this way You will be much faster! Try it first with more than 3 movies (10 or more).
Hope this was helpful !
Go to Top of Page

Glenn
Starting Member

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2006 :  06:07:49  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Alessio,
Any chance we could get the cover manager problem fixed. I have totally screwed up my cover collections because of all the problems with it. You keep fixing the little problems, how about fixing this major problem :) PLEASE!!! This problem has been going on long enough!!
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2006 :  12:46:09  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

I have make several tests this morning on this problem but I cannot find any bug.

I have try to move pictures, delete all, bring it in first position, and this for much movies.

I have try also to import pictures for a new movie and immediatly open the cover manager to move it, again all seem to work correctly.

Have you notice a particular situation when bugs comes out?

Thank you!

Alessio
Go to Top of Page

Glenn
Starting Member

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2006 :  04:04:15  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I notice it after I import the movie. I usually use the IMDB script to get the movie info and then run the DVDEMPIRE script to get the covers. Then I go into cover manager and it just gets crazy from there. If I try to move any covers left/right it just seems to overlay the covers and I end up with 3 or 4 copies of the same cover.
Go to Top of Page

wellwet

Turkey
103 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2006 :  20:26:42  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Same problem here, when I add a movie covers name always %MOVİEID%-%TİTLE%.jpg. For the next movie same name and old 1 is gone :( Installed latest verison (5.4.4)
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2006 :  23:40:07  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

Please open the configuration window and let me know the value of "mask value".

I think thte problem is here, it should be:

%MovieID%-%Title%

Alessio
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.16 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07