Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager 8, 9, 10 Forum
 Suggestions / New Features
 Inserting Movie ID number
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

rysktkr
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2021 :  02:46:44  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi,

I am currently trying to import my Movie Collector (MC) XML file but a couple of movies are being dropped from Movie Collector database when I do the import. This causes my movie ID to be out of sync with MC index. All my DVDs are indexed via felt pen on the clear inner circle of the disc for ease of locating the disc. Is there a way to insert a movie into a Movie ID that is already taken and have all the movies after it get re-incremented? Insert Movie ID 2 and old Movie ID 2 becomes 3 and old 3 becomes 4 etc.

Thanks,
-Mark

Mawu

Germany
1024 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2021 :  13:24:00  Show Profile  Visit Mawu's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

the possibilities to change MovieIDs are limited.
Under Tools--Collection Maintenance--Movies/TV show
some renumbering options are available. I'm not sure if all of them are working correctly. Nobody ever tested this feature (except renumbering according MovieID number, when there are holes in the MovieID sequence)
Maybe you renumber your movies first with the catalog N° field and then use "MovieID renumberinmg (Catalog N°)".

Bye byte
Mawu

www.schlemmerkino.de - Die Nr.1 für filmische Leckereien
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.14 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07