Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Bug Report
 Importing problems...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

onlinetimc
Starting Member

21 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2006 :  15:07:42  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
First off great product (will be purchasing very soon!), its simply lightyears beyond any other products I've tested. Sorry if this question/problem has already been answered, but I did try to search for it.

Using version 5.5.4.0 (with MST 4.3).

The problem I am having is this:
After importing all the movie information etc using the IMDB (complete) script, I found that the length was set to zero (due to my original import from csv I expect). Therefore, after clearing the zero in all of them, I wanted to update the movie's length using the IMDB (fastest) script to just update the now empty field.

Issue 1:
I can not find a way to update using the direct links already captured (not a big problem since most were defaults anyway), it'll always go through step 1 (unless I jump to step 2 myself but then I can't select the script and fields I want). I'm sure this is possible, I just don't know how.

Issue 2:
Everytime I select a different script it adds it to end of the list of scripts which are processed (the statistic window during the batch import procedure shows Scripts done:0/6 now!). It then does each import in turn, including the original IMDB complete script I used originally. How can I clear this growing list?

Sorry if I've missed some info somewhere which answers these questions, just learning it as I go at the moment.

Thanks. Tim.

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2006 :  15:34:56  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi and welcome to XMM

1) By using the BATCH import you will import the information again, but here you cannot select the fields to import. I mean that the field you want import can be selected only in STEP 1 (directlinks import). I am sorry for this, I hope to find a way to change in future

2)To clear all previuos scripts and directlinks you have to check the "Clear all old links". This checkbox is in the same window you select the movie to import, at bottom of this list. With checkbox "checked", XMM will clear all previous directlinks selected.

Thank you and sorry for my english,

Alessio
Go to Top of Page

onlinetimc
Starting Member

21 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2006 :  18:17:38  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you for the fast response. I've now managed to update the movies as required. I understand a little better how the system works now and that directlinks relate to the script used too.

Fortunately most of the movies are named so that the option "When Importing, take the first DirectLink and Continue" will pick up the correct movie from IMDB so I was able to clear all the links and reimport with the fastest one. I was just worried that if I've previously reselected a different movie in IMDB from what it picks automatically, then it would use the incorrect movie information when doing a "Quick with default script" import. (I hope that makes sense!)

What I would like to be able to do is first import with IMDB (complete) script and then use BATCH import from then on using the originally selected IMDB link and the IMDB (fastest) script. I can do this manually, by changing the "script used" field but I can't find a way to do this in bulk. Of course I understand this wouldn't work with scripts which use different source websites, but it would be helpful to quickly refresh the data without reimporting covers etc.

Also, within "Edit Multiple..." section it would be helpful to allow a field to be cleared (therefore allowing you to "Add values only to blank fields" and thus avoiding the problem with needing to select fields to update on import).

"Thank you and sorry for my english," - Since I know zero Italian, your English is thankfully superb.

I've now purchased too, registered and working fine. Many thanks.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.13 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07