New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

MTS

Greece
177 Posts

Posted - 11 Dec 2006 :  02:23:27  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Alessio,

So if we used more than one script for a movie (eg for me, dvdempire and imdb) what you are saying is, that when we want to update a movie (batch), we would be able to select WHICH field to update from EACH script (eg only rating from imdb script and nothing from dvdempire?)

If this is what you mean its a GREAT idea and VERY useful thing to do. I usually clear previous links when i update with imdb cause i don't want to update each script used for a movie, only imdb, and also if we want to update only rating from imdb script complete, we have to wait for each movie to go through all fields (including actors which is time consuming) so you imagine how usefull this idea is!!
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 11 Dec 2006 :  10:35:07  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yes, this is the basic idea, you have understand correctly my bad english

I haven't start yet to work on this, but I will do it soon.

Maybe I will do also an "advanced user" configuration. I have read in some forums that XMM is a really powerful tool, but it's also really hard to use, and that UI is terrible, so i must think to make two UI, one for beginners (with most of advanced features hide) and one for advanced users, with all features visible and available.

Alessio
Go to Top of Page

onlinetimc
Starting Member

21 Posts

Posted - 12 Dec 2006 :  15:45:47  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Your ideas sounds great from what I can tell its the kind of thing which I was hoping for (better visibility and control of the links/scripts).

The two levels of interface sounds good too, it should help you keep the advance users happy while allowing the product to become a cleaner, leaner interface. Another approach might to have an admin mode (for adding and editing the lists) and a viewer mode (much like the Media Centre interface you had before) with useful searching and displaying tools, as well as the stats etc.

Superb software and I enjoying using it!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.13 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07