New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

racto

Chile
63 Posts

Posted - 26 Nov 2006 :  23:50:12  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
hi.
alessio can you add the alternative names of the movies in one custom slot?
i don't know anything about programing, or i'd do it myself. :(
bye.

Rodrigo Carvajal

batrado

Bulgaria
85 Posts

Posted - 27 Nov 2006 :  00:10:59  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
This is good idea, racto! I'm do it this manually in separate field and is borring
Go to Top of Page

MTS

Greece
177 Posts

Posted - 27 Nov 2006 :  01:56:16  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yeap, that would be great
Go to Top of Page

mtvento

Italy
66 Posts

Posted - 27 Nov 2006 :  05:37:34  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
And it would be nice to have the program to recognize the "aka "of your area and put it as proper title of the movie too, instead of replacing the localized title with the original title....
There are different scripts making this mess, reading the correct title during the film search and after your selection they read the wrong data or use the wrong variable and set the originaltitle-name to the title-name, so you have to manually write back in place the localized one.

MTVento
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 27 Nov 2006 :  10:19:56  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Guys,

Sorry, my english is bad and I haven't understand correctly.

What exactly the script should do?

I suppose you want this:

Localized title in "Movie Title" and the original title in the "Original Title" field?

Alessio
Go to Top of Page

mtvento

Italy
66 Posts

Posted - 27 Nov 2006 :  11:15:08  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Questo e quello che vorrei come funzione di base, dato che devo sempre correggere gli script perchè mischiano nome e nomeoriginale e anche se posso selezionare con il segno di spunta le singole voci nella catena questo non funziona (per esempio castlerock.it trova il film nell'elenco in italiano e poi, quando importa, ti sostituisce il nome del film con quello in inglese e la spunta su titolo originale non ha effetto perchè la sezione non è prevista dallo script o non è stata codificata nel modo corretto, anzi in realta la variabile non lo legge neanche il nome in ittaliano...)
Racto invece vorrebbe l'intera lista degli aka in un campo custom separato, forse per avere la possibilità di avere il titolo in tutte le altre lingue.
Ciao e grazie
Go to Top of Page

batrado

Bulgaria
85 Posts

Posted - 27 Nov 2006 :  11:17:15  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi, Alessio!
It will be nice if scripts for imdb grabs "aka" titles of the movies and store it in separate field (one of the 'custom XX' fields maybe).

P.S. Oops, sorry. mtvento has replied, but i don't understand italian.

Edited by - batrado on 27 Nov 2006 11:18:43
Go to Top of Page

racto

Chile
63 Posts

Posted - 27 Nov 2006 :  14:48:19  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by mtvento
[...]
Racto invece vorrebbe l'intera lista degli aka in un campo custom separato, forse per avere la possibilità di avere il titolo in tutte le altre lingue.

this what i want. mostly because i like chinese movies. an example: Yi tian tu long ji zhi mo jiao jiao zhu, aka Kung Fu Master, aka Lord of the Wu Tang, aka The Kung Fu Cult Master.
in almost all the chinese movies i know only the translated title, and in some there are multiples titles, so different like in this case.

about localized... personaly i use the title corresponding to the language of the movie, mostly. i hate dubbed movies, but in some cases the original is too hard to get or there aren't subtitles anywhere. IMHO this could be optional.

bye.

Rodrigo Carvajal
Go to Top of Page

mtvento

Italy
66 Posts

Posted - 27 Nov 2006 :  16:11:00  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi, I don't like the title warping used on dubbed movies too (however in italy there is a long lasting tradition of exceptional quality professional dubbing, sometimes making the acting experience somewhat better than the original, but this is not always the case)
But if I have to look for a film an my database it is almost certain that i'll need to find the italian title for it, because this is the title it is being sold/rent in italy even if this localized titles are often very weird; I suppose this is going to happen in other countries too, thats the reason for a "movie title field" and an "original title field" in the program. And yes having all the other akas may be useful too. Unfortunately they are sometimes missing on IMDb.
have a nice day, Marcel
P.s. I usually translate for others, its the first time somebody translates me....
Go to Top of Page

racto

Chile
63 Posts

Posted - 27 Nov 2006 :  20:56:57  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by mtvento

Hi, I don't like the title warping used on dubbed movies too (however in italy there is a long lasting tradition of exceptional quality professional dubbing, sometimes making the acting experience somewhat better than the original, but this is not always the case)
But if I have to look for a film an my database it is almost certain that i'll need to find the italian title for it, because this is the title it is being sold/rent in italy even if this localized titles are often very weird; I suppose this is going to happen in other countries too, thats the reason for a "movie title field" and an "original title field" in the program. And yes having all the other akas may be useful too. Unfortunately they are sometimes missing on IMDb.
have a nice day, Marcel
P.s. I usually translate for others, its the first time somebody translates me....

seems hard to me. italian is easy, afaik is only 1 area. but with spanish countries is a lot more complex.
aiplane! (1980), named "aterriza como puedas" (land as you can) in spain, named "y donde esta el piloto" (where is the pilot?) in sudamerica; one dubbed in iberic spanish and the other in latin spanish. how can xmm choose the right name? how could xmm know that the distributor of the movie is the same in colombia, venezuela, argentina, chile if only one of them is shown?

Rodrigo Carvajal
Go to Top of Page

mtvento

Italy
66 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2006 :  11:39:48  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yes, I know the "problem"; the solution could be something in the program set-up.
As I can see IMDb writes the nation next to the aka, so if the nation matchs your set-up choice fine, if it doens't then simply put all the akas together in one custom field.
And in case of missing data the program should behave as usual when a field has no data to be filled with (it happens quite often with various titles)
Ciao, Marcel
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 02 Dec 2006 :  09:20:05  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Guys,

Where can I found the alternative names of the movie?

Because I have see that sometimes, in the main webpage, there is the section "Also know as", but no all movies has this.

Alessio
Go to Top of Page

MayorDefacto
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2006 :  06:22:37  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Alessio,

The IMDb AKAs server http://akas.imdb.com/ provides many more akas for titles than the standard imdb.com or the localized versions uk.imdb.com, etc. Other than a more robust listing of akas the pages there are identical.
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2006 :  11:31:01  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Ops, sorry, my mistake. The script already download info from akas.imdb.com, but when I have open the IE I just browse in imdb.com.

OK, I will add the modify to put the akas in a free customfield slot.

Alessio
Go to Top of Page

racto

Chile
63 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2006 :  16:02:43  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Alessio Viti
OK, I will add the modify to put the akas in a free customfield slot.

thank you

Rodrigo Carvajal
Go to Top of Page

mtvento

Italy
66 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2006 :  09:59:29  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Any chance to get the aka of the proper region as movietitle?
Ciao, Marcel
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2006 :  12:02:50  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yes, can be done, I need to modify the script and add a new option, where you select your language.

I will try to do this today.

Thank you!

Alessio
Go to Top of Page

mtvento

Italy
66 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2006 :  13:02:50  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Excellent, thank you.
Have a nice day, Marcel
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2006 :  13:52:35  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

I have just upload the new scripts. Please take a look.

Remeber to open the configuration window, magiscript engine options, and check to "import movie title from web".

Alessio
Go to Top of Page

MTS

Greece
177 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2006 :  16:39:24  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Alessio,

Great work in akas by the way

two things from me

1. is it possible to choose which aka names to add in the custom field? For example i want only to have the aka names from us and uk.

2. Can the display of aka names in custom field be more visually correct, by having each aka name in a seperate line?

Thanx anyway!

Edited by - MTS on 04 Dec 2006 16:42:48
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2006 :  21:14:25  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi MTS,

I must work again to AKAS, at this time this value can be correctly how only in moviecards (that are HTML native).

Thank you!

Alessio
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.16 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07