Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Suggestions / New Features
 Vista should not be your No 1 focus
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Laffer
Starting Member

United Kingdom
22 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2007 :  01:19:06  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi,
I for one will not be upgrading to Vista anytime soon - the reasons for this are well documented on the web, mainly the DRM (and hardware/software check procedures it employs) and the deliberate step down in quality that is enforced in Vista should the OS find 'anything' a miss.

Anyone who has upgraded to Vista now, are, IMHO very premature.

Surely your focus should be on the software itself (EMM) rather than trying to make it compatible with an OS that will not be widely adopted for quite some time.

I have been waiting patiently for what IMO are some features and fixes to be incorporated into EMM that should be considered base fucntionality. I am still using 4.7 of the software as 5.x simply does not cut it.

What happened to the media centre style interface (now literally years over due).

What happened to setting a master top level(or even list of masters) directories where Movies (& TV episodes) are located so I dont have to tell EMM where to look every time I add files?

What happened to intelligent importing of TV series (where perhaps some base parameters and masks can be set on a per show basis) so that all seasons etc are imported automatically?

What happened to the player manager feature that is so great in the 4.x version?

I'm sorry to be so critical and hope that you can derive constructive criticism from this and perhaps re-focus your work to the core - EMM, instead of Vista compatibility.

I have over 1000 films and well over 1000 TV episodes to manage and NO effective software to do it properly, not only in terms of importing but perhaps more importantly having a 10ft interface, like any good media centre type app, so I can easily access my media library.

Please, please, please concentrate on EMM and not Vista compatibility.

This is not a troll or flame.....

Laffer.

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2007 :  22:15:15  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

I totally agree with you, but try to understand also why I have spent the last weeks on window Vista compatibility : there are some users (and are growing!) that use this new OS, so I must do all my best to let these guys continue to use XMM on Vista too.

For now I have finish this phase, so I have already start to work on XMM again.

I know I have really much work to do, and you can be sure that I will try to do my best.

Please continue to write suggestions and report bugs.

Thank you again,

Alessio
Go to Top of Page

Laffer
Starting Member

United Kingdom
22 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2007 :  22:42:21  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Alessio..... Sorry I forgot to say "Thank You" for your efforts so far.........

It's just that I get frustrated because the software is 'almost' there but never quite seems to 'Get' there..........
For sure this software (at least in my searches) is unique and suits my main purpose (purely digital media on a multi terabyte server) pretty well.....
It's just lacking those few features that would make it a pleasure to use... instead of a chore......

Once again thank you for a great piece of software......

Laffer.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

137 Posts

Posted - 12 Feb 2007 :  07:49:21  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I agree with Laffer... Vista sucks, XMM is great...

My TV Shows needs to be completed.. (I would add File rename, missing file, ..)
My Movie Collection: started great has to replace the "main view"...
Actors is incomple...

I would be willing to pay a maintenance fee if necesary...

I like you program so much... It has to remain the best..

Cheers
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 12 Feb 2007 :  21:39:16  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

You have not to pay a fee

Just write me your suggestion, I will try to do my best to develop it

Thank you!

Alessio
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.15 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07