Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Bug Report
 Shuts my computer down!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

fly4christ78
Starting Member

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2008 :  22:02:27  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I am running 6.1.2.0 on windows XP service pack 2. A friend of mine and myself both got this program quite a while back and I have had a great time with it with no problems at all until this week (he has since gone to Windows Vista). The first problem was when I decided to try to get some movie covers of some movies that I have had a hard time finding. The first problem was in regards to the Amazon script. After I selected the right movies for each, during the download it went to blue screen and restarted my whole computer. I am pretty into computers but by no means a real computer expert but this was the first time I have ever had my computer go to blue screen and restart like this. Well I thought that maybe it was just one of the movies giving me the problem so I selected only 5 movies at a time to download and this worked for some of the groups of 5 but after a while it was restarting my computer every time! So I gave up on those movies. Then I added about 70 more movies to my database to total 965 but when I tried to update the info on these movies no mater what script I used it would blue screen my computer and restart. So I gave up again and now this morning when I tried again to see if I could update the program by updating the scripts etc, it would not even let me open the program. It gives me this error: “This Database it not compatible”. Then it says “91Object reference not sent to an instance of an object.” Then it opens and nothing is there my 935 movies and about 1000 tv episodes are all gone! I would have no idea how to explain how many hours I have into making this data base! Upon my friends advice I copped the database and the covers to a different folder for safekeeping and uninstalled my EMM program and then I downloaded it again and installed it again and once again it has all of the same errors. Then I read in the forum to try to change the properties to run in an older version of windows but that did not work so I undid that and then I tried to import the movies from the database into a new one and it started and looked like it was running but the after about 20 mintutes it had gone to 10,000+ movies which is about 10X what I have I stopped the program with Ctl+Alt+Delete. Please tell me that I have not lost my countless hours of work! PLEASE HELP! I will try to email you my database zipped up if I can find where to email it to. Thanks… -Steve

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2008 :  11:52:24  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Steve,

It's strange that XMM force the PC to reboot. I have make a deeply test this morning, I have import in one shot 1000 movies from IMDB without problems.

Anyone has got this before?

Thank you.

Alessio
Go to Top of Page

fly4christ78
Starting Member

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2008 :  20:22:48  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Again this morning while using IMDB.com for info on two old John Wayne movies it shut down my computer. Weird because it seemed like it had quit shutting down my computer! But I have fixed my database and it is again useable. I can’t wait for a NetFlix script because they always seem to have everything.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.16 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07