Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Information
 Selective Import
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Rincewindwiz

105 Posts

Posted - 20 Dec 2008 :  00:58:18  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
hi,
Just looking for some advice.
I've large collection of movies in XMM. For some reason a number (about 1000) do not have the IMDB rating or the year (I think this was a bug in the IMDB script at the time).

Anyway, I now want to go back and update this information. But I dont see how I can easily select only the movies with the missing data AND re-update the selection.

I can re-update all movies or I can select a bunch of movies from the main panel, right click and update - but then it seems I have to identify the URL link each time.

So any suggestions as to how I easily update only thoise moivies that have certain bits of data missing?
TFAI
R

He uses statistics as a drunk uses lampposts - for support rather than illumination

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 20 Dec 2008 :  09:29:23  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi!

If you have imported the movies with IMDB should be easy, because you have not to select directlinks again, all should be automatically.

I suggest you to group the treeview at left with rating.

Now in the grid there will be only movies without rating.

Select all movies of the grid, right click, import info from internet of selected script.

Now just select IMDB script and start import. All should be automatically

Let me know,

Alessio

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

Rincewindwiz

105 Posts

Posted - 20 Dec 2008 :  15:38:52  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Alessio
Nearly but not quite!!
I can select the movies
I can right click and select Update from the Internet
I then get to the screen where you select a script (good)
I select IMDB (complete)
and I then get to the screen where I have to select which of a number of movies on IMDB is this movie.
WHY?
1. There is alreay a link/URL stored on the database to the correct IMDB page
2. Its really tedious to sit there for several hundred movies trying to pick the right link
3. Picking thre right link can be difficult and sometimes involves going back to the movie to look at the case

If the stored URL relates to the website selected then it should use the stored URL If it si the wriong URL the user merely deletes it and tries again.

TFAI
R

He uses statistics as a drunk uses lampposts - for support rather than illumination
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 20 Dec 2008 :  15:42:23  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
OK, open directly the batch import window, show, in the grid, the movies already update, select all ans start import.

Btw, is there in the CUSTOM8 field the link to IMDB?

Alessio

Go to Top of Page

Rincewindwiz

105 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2008 :  22:07:04  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yes I can do that but there is one small snag (which is why I want to select only the movies that do not have this data).
There are currently some 3100 movies in the XMM database and this data is missing for only around 400 or 500.

It will take 'some time' to run through an update for 3100 movies only to fix the data for some 400 or so.

The IMDB link shows in the field 'Direct Links' on the Detail tab and also in the field 'web link' on the same tab. I dont know about fields on tabs after 'media' because clicking the tab makes XMM (6.5.4.0) crash.

If I look at the database directly, its a bit inconsistent
There are 3103 records with TRUE in 'webimported' (32 with False)
But there are 1284 records with a blank in DirectLinkScript (1847 with links) and 997 have a blank in 'Custom8' (the other 2134 have imbd links)It seems if it is in custom8 it is in DirectLinkScript
So where have the links for the other (997 - 32) records gone?
What link is it going to use when it does the webupdate?

It rather looks as if it might be wiser to reimport everything. Where does it take the link from custom8 or directlinkscript or both?
TFAI

Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2008 :  23:52:35  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

Probably I must make an option to Batch Import movies selected in the Main Grid (like for the "normal" import).

About your question: IMDB Script will try for first the custom8, then will try the "intelligent" directlink, and if also this one didn't find the movie will ask to you to select the link.

Can you please zip your MDB database and send it to me?

Thank you!

Alessio

Go to Top of Page

Rincewindwiz

105 Posts

Posted - 22 Dec 2008 :  16:33:15  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
No problem. Its on its way.
Something for you to play with over Christmas !! :-)
KR
R

Go to Top of Page

Rincewindwiz

105 Posts

Posted - 23 Dec 2008 :  00:24:30  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hhhmmmm well it was on its way. Got bounced because the attachment was too big. I'll try 10mb lumps
KR
R

Go to Top of Page

Rincewindwiz

105 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2009 :  00:52:59  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Alessio
Did you make any progress on this?
I've been having a look at my database and there area large number of movies where the field InternetID contains a valid IMDB reference number (e.g. 292506 for 'The Recruit') but the fields ScriptUsed; WebLinkScript and DirectLinScript are all blank. presumably they must have had a value at some time. This is presumably a legacy from some earlier bug?
Anway, is it posible to get the script to use the IntenetID when trying to locate a movie on IMDB? (Note the format is a little inconsstent: imdb.com/tt0417217 can have any one of the following values in intenetID 0417217/ or 0417217 or 417217)
TFAI
Hayy New Year
R

PS I suppose if I knew a bit more Access I cold write a little script to populate the fields ScriptUsed and DirectLinkScript based on the value in ?

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.18 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07