Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Information
 More pre-purchase questions
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

misplacedamerican
Starting Member

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2009 :  03:33:04  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hello,

Searched the site everywhere...

Prior to purchasing a majority of my movies and tv shows are saved in .iso format directly from the original DVD. Does EMM scan .iso files? If so, how, I have the demo version installed and cannot seem to find the solution

Thanks,

Buddy

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2009 :  06:41:41  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Buddy,

XMM cannot extract codec information from ISO file, but can read the file name (to extract title of the movie) and can read the directory of the ISO (to extract from example movie title from folder).

So, you can scan and find ISO files and add it to your collection, the only problem is that you will not have accurate information about the codec, informations will be downloaded from internet with scripts.

OK, the thing you have to to is add the ISO file extension to the file reading.

1.Open the configuration window
2.Go in the "File Reading" Section
3.In the file "Extensions" textbox add "|ISO|"

Now XMM should detect your ISO files without problems.

Please let me know if you have problems.

Thank you,

Alessio

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

misplacedamerican
Starting Member

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2009 :  00:05:22  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

Thanks for the quick response, what if I have a TV series on ISO that spans several (4+) disks, how is that managed

Thanks again,

Buddy
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2009 :  07:13:52  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
In this case you have to add your TV Series *manually*, I mean just write the Serie Title and import everything (episodes etc...) from Internet. This because XMM is not able at this time to read what is inside ISO Files.

Alessio

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.17 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07