Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Bug Report
 Actors ID in Movie Cards not updated
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

hyper.escape
Starting Member

10 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2009 :  09:36:28  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hello All,

I have around 500 movies in various formats on my harddisk. I have updated all the data correctly from the internet using the IMDB (complete) script.

Then I updated around 5000 actors data from the internet again using the IMDB (actors) script.

Now the Movie and Actors database are complete , I wanted to search for all the movies for a specific actor, which unfortunately is not working. I search for actor A and found only one movie in my database, whereas there are around 3 movies.

Upon investigation I found that the reason is in a number of Movie Records in the movies database, the complete list of actors is not imported. Secondly the Actor ID coloumn is blank in the Movie Database for a number of movies.

Since the Actor search function looks for the Actor ID(Numerical) in all Movie Records, it can only find the actor where the Actor ID is filled.

Is there a way now to fill the Actor IDs in the movie database records where they are missing.

Or maybe is there a way to search for Actors by their 'Names (Text)' instead of 'Actor ID (Numerical)'.

Thanks for support.

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.12 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07