Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Information
 Is it possible to move...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

apd

Greece
378 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2009 :  10:36:58  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
an entry from Movies to TV Shows without reimporting?

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2009 :  10:42:52  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Surely, just set the TVShow flag in V7. In V6 you can do it by righ clicking on entry and moving it to TVShows.

JDommi

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

apd

Greece
378 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2009 :  11:13:47  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
By "TV flag" you mean the check box in the Episodes subscreen? I tick it and save but nothing seems to happen.
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2009 :  11:33:00  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Yes, that's right.
The single episodes naturally must be imported after that - if there wasn't any imported before.
Or did you mean to move a movie to an episode?

JDommi

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

apd

Greece
378 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2009 :  12:20:06  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I have an general entry for "Firefly" and I want to mark it as a TV series. When I tick the checkbox "This is a TV show" and save, nothing happens - when I refresh, it is unchecked again.
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2009 :  12:37:46  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Strange, for me the checkbox works correct.
The entry I have tested was immediatly moved (and back again).
Doesn't have changed even the symbol?

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

apd

Greece
378 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2009 :  15:22:20  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The tick appears, but when I save and refresh, the checkbox is blank again.

Alessio, is this a bug?
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2009 :  19:21:11  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I have tested it several times now... for me the function works.
Don't know what's going wrong for you.
Do you use the latest version? I have tested it with V7.0.2.4

Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

apd

Greece
378 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2009 :  08:51:04  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Same behaviour in all 7.xxx
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2009 :  11:06:08  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Apd,

You are right, there is a bug if you change it in QuickEdit view, I will fix in the next release.

Thank you!

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

apd

Greece
378 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2009 :  09:23:43  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
It works ok now!
Go to Top of Page

Branko
Starting Member

Australia
16 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2009 :  11:07:31  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I have imported several TV episodes as movies and I would like to copy/move them as episodes to the appropriate TV series.
I used to be able to do that in version 6 but no longer.
Will this feature be re-added later or will I be forced to re-import all TV episodes separately?
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2009 :  11:52:19  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

Do you mean that you have import several TV Shows as movies, right?

In this case, just edit it, go in the Episodes tab and check "this is a TV Show" checkbox.

Alessio

Go to Top of Page

Branko
Starting Member

Australia
16 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2009 :  11:55:32  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I have imported several episodes as separate movies.
i.e.:
Galactica s1ep1
Galactica s1ep2
etc
I now want to move these as episodes into the TV series "Galactica"
When I check the box 'this is a TV Show' it makes a separate TV show for every episode. (for every movie entry)
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2009 :  13:34:27  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

OK, I have understand what you mean. I am sorry but at this time there isn't a function for that. I will take a look to see if I can restore the old function of 6.x

Alessio

Go to Top of Page

Branko
Starting Member

Australia
16 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2010 :  13:15:45  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Alessio.
It's been a while and I have not seen an option to move entries from the 'movies' list to the 'episodes' list.
Do you intend to add this functionality at some point? I would really like to be able to do this since I sometimes import several files form my HDD but not all are movies (most are TV episodes actually)
Go to Top of Page

JustME

371 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2010 :  05:06:30  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I have separate drives for TV shows but you could accomplish the same by having different folders for TV shows and then just have the search done on the correct folders. Import TV shows by going to the one folder and movies by the other.
Keep the data clean going in rather than expecting the application to clean it up for you
Go to Top of Page

Branko
Starting Member

Australia
16 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2010 :  21:42:24  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The thing is: anything I already imported cannot be moved from 'movie' to 'episode'. This used to be possible in the older version of XMM, but not anymore. So some of my old imported stuff (that I haven't cleaned up yet) cannot be moved any more.
I liked the old structure where an episode wasn't fundamentally different from a movie, but several episodes could be linked as a series.

I hope this functionality can be returned to the software. It's a pity to lose functionality by upgrading.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.15 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07