Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Suggestions / New Features
 WDTV
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

stones

207 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2009 :  13:13:04  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi Alessio,

it would be possible to incorporate on xmm something of this kind?

http://www.tvixie.com/tpls
or
http://movieguibuilder.com/

this type of export would be very useful
for all users who use western digital hd tv or other

would be fantastic for me.

http://wdtvforum.com/main/index.php?topic=1039.0

sorry for my english.

bye

apd

Greece
378 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2009 :  10:14:02  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hey Stones, I own a WDTV myself; good idea, but how would you show these info files from WDTV's menu?

Alessio, this is something to keep in mind. Your whole effort aims towards HTPCs but more and more ppl move away from them to the new, simpler gadgets or NMTs. It's a developing market with lots of new products coming up - from Egreat to Asus to Iomega etc. Maybe you could adapt your PopCornHour routines...
Go to Top of Page

JustME

371 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2009 :  16:51:22  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
To be honest, the only reason I purchased EMM was to use it to organize my files for my WD player.
There are a few new "third party" apps being created for the WD player and the integration of EMM and those will be a welcome addition.
We are very close as Alessio has already provided the option to copy the image to the folder (and rename it) so EMM is now fully compatible with the OEM firmware of WD.
Some of the third party apps for the WD player will show the NFO\html card
Example below
but we are better off to wait until WD adds that to their firmware.
Go to Top of Page

stones

207 Posts

Posted - 30 Jun 2009 :  13:25:26  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
hi apd,
there are some mod firmware
that allow this.
for example see the link

http://wdtvforum.com/main/index.php?topic=1039.0

bye
Go to Top of Page

apd

Greece
378 Posts

Posted - 30 Jun 2009 :  22:19:32  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I already use a mod to increase subs size - I wonder if somehow they will blend into one over time...
Go to Top of Page

Odin

Norway
67 Posts

Posted - 16 Jul 2009 :  05:01:39  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
How do you use emm and wdtv if you have movies on different external hdd's?
Go to Top of Page

apd

Greece
378 Posts

Posted - 16 Jul 2009 :  08:01:54  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
If you ask me, I never use XMM as a player - only to catalogue my files and dvds. Even when I used an HTPC I had another app to browse throu the library. At this time, my files are imported in XMM and then moved to external disks connected with WDTV in another room.
Go to Top of Page

Odin

Norway
67 Posts

Posted - 16 Jul 2009 :  14:14:04  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
i didnt mean to use emm as a player, but how do you use emm with wdtv then?
Go to Top of Page

stones

207 Posts

Posted - 16 Jul 2009 :  18:01:39  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Export making of cards in jpg format for use then with a WDTV mod firmware.
Go to Top of Page

Odin

Norway
67 Posts

Posted - 17 Jul 2009 :  13:53:00  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Oh ok, so the pic JustME posted is just a jpg that emm created?
Go to Top of Page

stones

207 Posts

Posted - 17 Jul 2009 :  15:52:51  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
no the pic that justme posted is created whit another soft.
My request was just to make this to xmm.

bye
Go to Top of Page

JustME

371 Posts

Posted - 17 Jul 2009 :  23:13:05  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
@Odin
I have my movies and TV series on 3 Different 1.5 TB Drives, Labeled External, External2 and External 3
I also have them assigned drive letters G: H: I:
I use EMM to catalog the movies on them and use the copy cover to folder addition for them.
I then plug my drive into the WDTV and it reads the drive and creates thumbnails of all the movies.
so I use them in conjunction with each other....does that help?
Each drive has a different media label so I can sort by that if I want to know which drive is connected to the WDTV.

Go to Top of Page

Odin

Norway
67 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2009 :  04:06:18  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
yeah that helps...thanks for the info :)
Go to Top of Page

JustME

371 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2009 :  19:53:45  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
glad to be of assistance on something :-)
Go to Top of Page

Lion
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 26 Jul 2009 :  19:37:01  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Back to topic:

It would be really great, if EMM could support the WDHDTV as asked in the first post.
I use the box too, and at the moment, there is no really easy and fast way, to make movie sheets for the box...
Go to Top of Page

zkn
Starting Member

9 Posts

Posted - 27 Dec 2010 :  14:00:56  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
it would be nice to realise this feature.
at current time I need to generate nfo-file=>use thumbgen soft. that's not very comfortable, and is not reliable.
Go to Top of Page

dasvidania
Starting Member

22 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2011 :  14:57:09  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Click to see dasvidania's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
MI associo alla richiesta di implementare un plugin per wd
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.18 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07