Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Bug Report
 Actor's Photo Not Displaying In Film Listing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

MIKEGARVEY
Starting Member

21 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2009 :  11:13:40  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Click to see MIKEGARVEY's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I have been updating a lot of actor's details with photos.
There have been a few - only a handful - where I have found when returning to a film linked to the same actor that his photo is not displayed.

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2009 :  16:18:44  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

Sorry, my english is terrible, i haven't understand corretly the problem. Can you write me again?

Alessio

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

Tomasz
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 26 Jul 2009 :  21:31:44  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,
I'll respond, because I have the same problem.
I have got movie "Casablanca" with actress Ingrid Bergman - I had had her in the database, but without photo.
Now I updated actress Ingrid Bergman from internet (added photo and other details).
But in moviecard view of the movie "Casablanca" there is still no photo of Ingrid Bergman.

I've tried "Compact and repair database" and F5 (reload) and Right Mouse Click on Movie Card and choosing Reload with no results. I've thought maybe it's Internet Explorer's caching the html file? Ctrl+F5 (Clear cache and reload) does not work in XMM window, so I've tried opening Iinternet Explorer 8 (I'm not sure if XMM uses newest IE in the system or an older version of IE, though) and hitting Ctrl+F5 and then Right Mouse Click on Movie Card and Reload but still no results.

Hope you can fix it.
Thanks in advance,
Tomasz
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 26 Jul 2009 :  22:37:05  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Is the actor's pic not shown on movie card or on actor's card itself?
On movie card you have to activate picture view for actors first (the pic icon in the titlebar of the movie card).
Maybe only the script does not take the photo if it's not visible on actor's card, too. In that case it would be usefull to know which script you are using.
Already tried with option overwrite existing data?

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

wills897
Starting Member

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2009 :  03:04:02  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I am having a similiar problem. The actors' photos don't show up on the Movie's card where it lists the actors. If you click on the actor, his profile is displayed with the photo but if you go back to the movie only his name displays.

I have had this happen on all movies, and sometimes only on a few actors or few movies. I usually shutdown and restart Movie Mager and it seems to temporiarily fix the issue.
Go to Top of Page

Moghul
Starting Member

Italy
13 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2009 :  19:26:06  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Ho lo stesso problema, sebbene esista la foto dell'attore nella sua scheda la stessa non mi appare nella scheda del film mentre altre foto degli attori appaiono nella stessa scheda film.
Go to Top of Page

SyN0
Starting Member

Germany
42 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2009 :  13:27:08  Show Profile  Visit SyN0's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
i have the same problem with actors pics only in XMM. it will be shown in the cover manager, but i can't select it.
Go to Top of Page

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2009 :  14:01:18  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
@wills897:
Do you mean the pics for the same movie/actor are sometimes visible and sometimes not?

@SyN0:
You can't select the pics in cover manager?
For the other problem: have you read/tried my last post on this topic?

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

DLT
Starting Member

31 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2009 :  22:53:02  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,
I have a similar problem with actor photo. Movie Card (default) don't displays (ex. Nadia Farès) because of "è". Actor Card displays Nadia Fares without photo but with correct details. Edit Actor window displays correct name <Nadia Farès> and photo. So, the problems consists in these special characters. I think, Alessio must to fix this.

DLT
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 02 Sep 2009 :  07:13:10  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Guys,

I will try to fix this problem in the next release, let me know if will work or not.

Thank you!

Alessio

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

Michael Clarke

United Kingdom
84 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2011 :  19:49:45  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I know this is an old post but I have been looking at the same problem. Solved I think by making sure that the Actors IMDB ID number is the same in both the film actors list and the actors details. Most times the name is good enough, but in some cases the picture will not show up until the ID also matches. It has taken a long time to go through 7000 actors and 1170 films to include all the IMDB ID numbers into my database but it is worth it.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.14 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07