Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Bug Report
 Actors HTML card problem ( in last post )
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

pepa1d
Starting Member

Czech Republic
24 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2009 :  18:57:22  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi Alessio,

At the first I want to thank you! Your program is really awesome! :) I was using the shareware version a few weeks and I have no other possibility than purchase, because I need full functions and want to thank you for your work at least by that 10 Euro

However during using XMM I wrote down some bugs and ideas that I want report:
(I will write it all in one post, because lot of things follows, I hope it isn’t problem )

1) TV Shows and Main Grid
XMM use one database (or one Main Grid) for movies and TV shows together, but if I have displayed only “movies” I choose data columns that I want see for movies (Title, Original Title, Year, Length, Rating, Genre, Subgenre, Filesize, Location etc.) and if I click on TVShows in tree view it show me TVshows but with columns that I don’t need or that doesn’t say anything.

for example:
  • column “Year” - is empty or misleading, because TV shows are mostly during 2 or more years, so this column could show year of start TV show (2000... ), or period of years (2000-2005)
  • column “Length” - is empty too, because TV shows consist of episodes so this column could show total length of all added episodes, or average length of episode
  • column “filesize” - it same like column length so here could be total filesize of all added episodes or average filesize of episode

OR (this is only idea, don’t kill me ) there could be two databases with two Main Grids (with separate IDs and columns) between which we could switch by click on Movies or TV shows in tree view (like if you click on Actors, there is different Main Grid (database) too) but on the other side (if this will be done) we couldn’t show movies and TVshows together

but this is rather for discussion which way is better, because it would be really big intervention to the program ;-)

2) Shelves View
  • sorting films in shelves by “title” from A->Z
  • if I click on some location in “my shelves” and I have there only few films, and go by the cursor in some empty place, it show me info for some film, but from other location, it look like films are staying at the background

3) Boxsets
  • there isn't function to delete boxset or I just can’t find it?
  • boxsets will be useful show in treeview like “tvshows” - BoxSets (expand) => list of Boxsets (click on some boxset) => in Main Grid show films from boxset

4) Scripts
  • when I import field “Plot” from the internet by the script “CSFD.CZ” the text include at the beginning this: “</div> <div style='float:left;width:425px;padding-top:10px;font-weight:normal'>” and after that continues correctly text
  • when importing episodes of some TV show from the internet by the script “thetvdb.com” , have checked “Show preview Automatically” and when I click on link to mark which TV show or which Episodes I want to import, these links open in new windows of my browser and not show the preview in left corner. It is like live links

5) HTML card
  • if I click on some Actor (for example Keanu Reeves) it should show me info and 4 movies from my database, but it show me about 30 movies, and he is starring only in 4 of them (using Default card)

6) Actors
  • I don’t know how, but I have some actors duplicated, is there possibility how delete only some actors? (not whole database)

7) Main Grid toolbar

• column "length"
    - when I choose “MIN” it show that minimum length is 100 , but the MIN should be 7
    - when I choose “MAX” it show that maximum length is 99 , but it should be 144
  • column "rating"
    - when I have a movie which is not imported from the internet or the rating field is just empty, the MIN function show that this film has a minimum rating (should it be MIN of non blanks?)

Everything are only ideas, but your opinion would be nice
If you don’t understand something (because of my poor English) I will try to explain it better

Thank you for your time

XMM 7.0.4.6 and Vista

Edited by - pepa1d on 12 Jan 2010 01:26:34

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2009 :  19:26:42  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
1. I have to pass to Alessio
2. The bug in shelves view is known
3. I don't know such function, too.
Good idea
4. The script has to be modified - maybe site code has changed
The second part is a question to Alessio
5. Are the 26 other movies are in your database? Or do you mean the filmography?
6. I think Find Duplicates isn't (so far) available for actors.
7. Haven't used that so far, but seems to be a job for Alessio

Sorry for my short answer, but I have to go for a pint of guinness now *g*

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

pepa1d
Starting Member

Czech Republic
24 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2009 :  00:20:22  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
5. Are the 26 other movies are in your database? Or do you mean the filmography?

for example:

I have 200 movies in database and 2000 actors.

In 2 movies is starring "Jennifer Aniston", when I show her HTML card, it will show me her info, her filmography correctly imported from the internet and that 2 movies. (I can click on the title of the movie and it will show me HTML card of that movie)

But "Keanu Reeves" is starring in 4 movies, when I show his HTML card, it will show me his info, his filmography correctly imported from the internet and approximately 30 movies (which inludes that 4 movies) but in that 26 movies he isn't starring.

Some actors is showing correctly, some (like Keanu) not. Maybe usual names? Maybe is in that wrong showed movies starring somebody with similar name? I will add a picture tommorow, but now good night

and thx for reply JDommi
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2009 :  08:09:00  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you very much for this accurate report!

I will try to start to work on that soon.

Alessio

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

pepa1d
Starting Member

Czech Republic
24 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2010 :  21:55:31  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

I want to ask if somebody have same problem with the Actors in HTML card?

Problem:
If I want to know how many movies (in which is starring for example Denzel Washington) I have. I find him in actors database, select him in grid and look at the HTML card and it show me this:

(sorry it is not in english)

of course it is only a part of whole informations, but import is that in any of that movies (on the picture) Denzel Washington is not starring! I have only two movies with him and it is movie "Deja vu (2006)" and "American Gangster (2007)".

I'm very missing this function because it will save me lot of time.

So it's only on my PC or somebody have same problem?

Vista home premium / XMM 7.0.6.1 / Advanced view / actors.htm
Go to Top of Page

pepa1d
Starting Member

Czech Republic
24 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2010 :  01:24:06  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Probably I found where is the bug which I describe in the previous post..

In some topic here on the forum, Alessio wrote that Actors get their unique ID from IMDB.
example: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000243/ => actor WEB_ID is "0000243"

And movies from database (in which is that actor starring) have some connect to this WEB_ID and if you show that actor on HTML card it will show you correct movies.

To keep this working you must load every Actor or Movie only from IMDB!!! But XMM includes lot of scripts for movies, lot of scripts for TV shows and some scripts for Actors. For example I use chain of scripts, some fields from IMDB (original title, year, official web...) and other fileds and actors from CSFD (because informations are in my native language). And here comes the problems.. Loading actors by this script (CSFD) gives actors also unique WEB_ID but it is not same like ID from IMDB.
example: http://www.csfd.cz/herec/13-washington-denzel/ => actor WEB_ID is "13"

1)
Because in this WEB_ID is only two numbers "13" and any "000" to make this ID unique, HTML card for actor with this ID show every movie in which is starring some actor whose WEB_ID include "13"

example:
Denzel Washington - WEB_ID="13" - starring in "Deja Vu"
Hugh Laurie - WEB_ID="13005" - starrin in "Monsters and Aliens" (his ID include "13")

HTML card for "Denzel Washington" show me movies: "Deja Vu" and "Monsters and Alliens"

so i think that HTML card search for the WEB_ID and take every appearance without differeces between "exact ID" and "included ID in another ID"..

solution?
- maybe edit HTML to find right ID
- or edit the CSFD script, because every site about movie or actor there include IMDB link, so the script could find the IMDB link and take WEB_ID from there (but this is solution only for this script)

2)
Probably everybody use different script for Movies and for TV shows. And if you add some movie (including actors) using some unusual script and then you add TV show using the IMDB script, the HTML card for actor (which is starring in that movie and also in that TV show) will show you that he is starring only in the movie. Because the WEB_ID of this actor is from the page used by your unusual script and it is connect only to that movie, but if you look in that "TV show" edit window it will show you that this actor is starring here, he has different ID, but he is not in the actors database...

example:
"Chris O'Dowd" added with the TV show "IT Crowd" from IMDB => http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1483369/ => WEB_ID="1483369"
then you add movie "The Boat That Rocked" with the CSFD script, the script add also actors => http://www.csfd.cz/herec/32232-odowd-chris/ => WEB_ID="32232"
but this actor is already in database, so the script doesn't add him, the script only write in the starring card that he is starring here and has ID "32232" ..

I hope it's understandable..
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2010 :  06:45:55  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi All,

the problem is exactly the 1) that Pepaid explain. I will try to fix it in the next release, maybe without use the WEB_ID, because at this time is really not working correctly.

Thank you and let me know if the modification will work correctly.

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.16 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07