Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Bug Report
 Problem with Add Movies from CD/DVD
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

stevendm
Starting Member

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 03 Sep 2009 :  22:15:48  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I am running version 7.0.4.6. When I select Add Movies -> Add Movies from CD/DVD I enter a Catalog ID. This does not get saved in the CatalogNo field as I would expect. It is saved in the Media Labels field. Is this a bug or is it the way you designed this function?

Thanks for the great s/w

Steven

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 04 Sep 2009 :  06:36:28  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Steven

XMM should save it in the CatalogNo field... I will try to find the bug

Please let me know if you have "Check" the Checkox to tell XMM to write also Catalog Number...

Thank you!

Alessio

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

stevendm
Starting Member

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 05 Sep 2009 :  16:22:36  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I'm sorry Alessio. It was my mistake I did not have the checkbox checked.

The flow when adding multiple DVDS is still odd. I apparently cannot add a DVD, change the Catalog Number, add another DVD, change the Catalog Number, add a DVD, ... I have to exit the dialog completely and select Add Movies -> Add Movies from CD/DVD from the main menu for each DVD. It seems to remember the initial Catalog number when entering this dialog and does not let me change it. Oh, I can change it but it reverts to the original number. I can work around this but it is cumbersome.

It would also be nice if there were an option to read the Catalog Number from the disk name.

Thanks for the great s/w. In general it works very well.

Steven
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2009 :  11:14:30  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Steve,

XMM increase automatically the CatalogNo when you add several CD/DVD (of course this must be a number for do this).

I will try to add a function to read the CatalogNo from disk name, it's a good idea.

Thank you,

Alessio

Go to Top of Page

stevendm
Starting Member

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2009 :  14:57:56  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The new functions works great. YOu have saved me a lot of time. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

empol
Starting Member

Poland
3 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2010 :  20:16:28  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi. I bought XMM (7.0.9.8) today.
I see this topic is quite old, but for me problem still happens.
But not exactly the same problem. For me CatalogNo is always empty if i use "Add Catalog No. Automatically". I can change it manually but this is very annoying .

I think this option should be choosable in program's options. Checkbox in main options should set "Add Catalog No. Automatically" set default in add movie dialog.

This is pretty basic functionality for me.
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2010 :  03:13:34  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Empol,

Have you put a "start" value to "Start catalog ID"?

Ale

Go to Top of Page

empol
Starting Member

Poland
3 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2010 :  06:07:41  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Tried with and without it. If i put start value CatalogNo is added for this cd/dvd, but for another it isn't. I have to put start value (1,2...) for every dvd. But that's not automatical, it's manual.
Go to Top of Page

empol
Starting Member

Poland
3 Posts

Posted - 01 Dec 2010 :  23:16:06  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Is there any chance to fix this?
This bug doesn't seem too hard to find and fix (as i know form my programming experience).
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.15 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07