Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Suggestions / New Features
 Reading Files From HD
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

stevendm
Starting Member

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2009 :  14:56:21  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I am going to put all of my files on large hard disks which I swap on and off of my computer through an external USB enclosure. I would like to use the "Scan Drives for Movies" operation. I have a few suggestions and questions.

1) Would it be possible to read the HD name and assign it to the CatalogNo like you do when I "Add Movies from CD/DVD"?

2) Would it be possible to have an option to remove movies that no longer exist as they were previously scanned? I will be occasionally deleting files or renaming them and this would be helpful.

Thanks for the great s/w. I am a developer and I know how much hard work goes into this type of program.

Steven

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2009 :  10:52:51  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Steven!

1) I have add it to my work list. Should be easy so maybe I will finish for next release.

2) There is a function called "Locate Missing Files" that show you all movies that no longer exist in the Hard Disks. You can find this function in the Tools Section.

Thank you!

Alessio

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

stevendm
Starting Member

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2009 :  17:13:24  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Alessio. I have a question about the "Locate Missing Files" function. I am going to have multiple hard drives that are removable via a USB external enclosure. Does "locate missing" work on a selected drive or does it look at all hard drives. I will only have one of these removable drives attached at any one time so will it find ALL of the files on the other drives as unable to locate? If that is the case then I hope you will add the capability to do this for one drive at at time.

Thanks for all the great work

Steven
Go to Top of Page

stevendm
Starting Member

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2010 :  01:26:26  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Did this make it into 7.0.5.8?
Go to Top of Page

JustME

371 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2010 :  03:06:43  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I have multiple external drives and multiple computers. I use Drive letters for each individual drive (you can set them in Disc Management)and I label each drive a specific name--External1, External2, External3 etc.
I use this value for the media label column and if you sort by name in your database you would see if there are duplicates.
When I do a search for missing and\or duplicates, I just have to have all the drives plugged in which is easy to do with a USB hub or two :-).
Hope that helps?
Go to Top of Page

stevendm
Starting Member

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2010 :  00:10:16  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks, but I was really asking if the option to assign HD name to the CatalogNo field was implemented.

Also, I have too many hard drives to have them all mounted at once. I am reusing older, smaller drives to store my movies.
Go to Top of Page

pinopir

Italy
175 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2010 :  12:16:39  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Assign to CatalogNo the name of the "directory", where I put my files, might help to organize the database...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.14 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07