Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Bug Report
 Character problems when exporting
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

pulp_136
Starting Member

9 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2009 :  11:50:39  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic

This does not refer to the known problem with imdb imported characters. I can work around this by choosing "English" in the "Language for non-Unicode programs" and rebooting windows. But with exporting, I'm stuck.

I export to a txt file with the old export manager. When choosing "Greek" in the "Language for non-Unicode programs" German umlauts or scandinavian characters appear corrupted in the exported file. If I choose e.g. "German" then german umlauts are OK but greek characters are corrupted.

There is no way I can export so all the characters appear fine.

It seems that this application has problems with unicode characters.

I found numerous bug reports about characters issues, but nothing has been done about it. Any chance the dev takes a look at unicode support?

lvovsky
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 28 Dec 2009 :  01:10:57  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
same thing here: when exporting to XML, the cyrilic characters turn to junk (but the same export directly from Access works fine) - something is buggy in eXMM.

win xp, eXMM 7.0.5.6
Go to Top of Page

pulp_136
Starting Member

9 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2010 :  12:12:24  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Any word about it from Vista or Win7 users?
Go to Top of Page

apd

Greece
378 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2010 :  07:37:17  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
It's another old issue that hasn't been fixed. The only workaround is to do consecutive exports of selected files and then join the final results.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.15 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07