Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Bug Report
 Still a Problem with different Actors/Same Name
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

MIKEGARVEY
Starting Member

21 Posts

Posted - 20 Dec 2009 :  14:41:31  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Click to see MIKEGARVEY's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi, there is still a problem with the way movie.htm/actor.htm handles different actor's with the same name.

I am using IMDB complete

Please look at the sample database here.

http://files.me.com/mikegarvey/qk32xw

I added Time After Time which features an actor called Robert Shaw (id 0332058).

I then added The Taking of Pelham One Two Three, which features the more famous Robert Shaw (id 0001727)

If you look under the Starring tab for each film, the actor's ID's are correctly stored.

But, select Taking Of Pelham One Two Three, and click on Robert Shaw in movie.htm, and you will see that the Time After Time actor is displayed.

Is there a way to fix there links?

Edited by - MIKEGARVEY on 20 Dec 2009 15:40:25

MIKEGARVEY
Starting Member

21 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2010 :  20:52:14  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Click to see MIKEGARVEY's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
This problem can be fixed by ensuring that each actor has a unique name as well as their Web ID - If the actors are deleted, and then added again using their IMDB suffix (I), (II) etc - the links then work correctly.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.35 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07