Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Suggestions / New Features
 Suggest "graceful fail" when updating info
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

bc0203
Starting Member

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2010 :  07:33:56  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
When the system is trying to update information from, say, IMDB.com, and it runs into an error trying to update data, it displays an error message asking if you're still connected to the Internet and stops trying to import data. It's been my experience, however, that the system resumes without a problem 99% of the time when I click on OK to clear the error. This leads me to make two possible suggestions, one easy to implement in the short term, one that might take a bit more time:

In the short term, when the system fails to connect, display the error message, but keep trying in the background. Include something like "I had a communications problem, but I'll keep trying," in the error message.

In the longer term, in the "Downloading" window, have a number of retries (and possibly an average download speed) field. This will give the user an idea if their Internet connection has degraded severely or dropped, and give them a chance to fix the problem or cancel the update.

Thanks again for such an outstanding product!

Using Windows 7, eXtreme Media Manger, CyberLink Power DVD Ultimate and Virtual Clone Drive to catalog and play back my library of DVD images (ISO)
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.12 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07