Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Bug Report
 New bug in Export
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

apd

Greece
378 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2010 :  14:15:02  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
In the old Export utility, the txt and csv functions are messed up. No matter what is visible or selected in the Main Grid, the whole DB is exported, even if I choose "selected". Also, the delimiters seem to be messed up.

At least the new xls export seems to work ok.

kj222
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2010 :  09:36:49  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
There is a problem with control codes being embeded in the exported csv or txt files. They cause the imported data into excell to not format correctly. Mainly the problem appears in the movie description... I don't export the details page fields except for TagLine so I do not know about the other fields.

I would recommend running a filter when exporting to remove the control characters. I would recommend substituting html code, at export, such as <br>, <p>, etc. for the none-printable control codes that are in the text now. These can be imported into excel and they can be easily replaced by the user after importing into excel.

FYI: I am running v 7.0.6.3

Thank you,
Keith

Edited by - kj222 on 30 Jan 2010 09:40:35
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.16 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07