Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Bug Report
 Cover Problerm with Fanart
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Jesse69

109 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2010 :  17:59:20  Show Profile  Visit Jesse69's Homepage  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi , 1st of all sorry for my blaming english ...

When I add Covers to the PICS / Fanart - it looks great ... but sometimes the Cover will overtaken by another Movie - so as a result this Cover will be shown at 2 Movies.

At the German Forum there is another user with the same problem, too

Any Hints to solve ?
A workaround with deleting hard from the DB is not a way to work with me.

Greetings Jesse

Edited by - Jesse69 on 29 Jan 2010 17:59:35

Jesse69

109 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2010 :  17:38:25  Show Profile  Visit Jesse69's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Push,

isnt there any help out there ?
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2010 :  06:18:59  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Jesse,

Sorry for late reply, I will try to find the bug asap.

Do you have this problem in the EDIT Window of the movie? or just in the main window?

Thank you very much!

Ale

http://www.facebook.com/pages/eXtreme-Movie-Manager/47220214342?ref=mf
Go to Top of Page

Jesse69

109 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2010 :  07:18:24  Show Profile  Visit Jesse69's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Alessio,
no! Problem
in the last ... feeled 10 Years with your work some days may not be a problem. Thanx 4 your Work!

Ok, cover problem - it looks like that it goes in the editing and the main window too ...

when it happens in fanart - movie 1 get covers (Fanart) from movie 2 ... covers from movie 1 are lost.

Jesse
Go to Top of Page

spawner
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2010 :  15:30:42  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I'm having the exact same issue here. using full (paid) version 7.0.6.4
I tried making a new database, but it happened again when I input the first two movies. And I did deleted and opened a new database twice.

I manually opened my database with microsoft access and in the backcover and fanart fields are the same filename in both movies each.

Hope it gets fixed real soon. Thank you.
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2010 :  07:33:57  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Guys,

I am trying to fix it but I haven't understand exacly the "sequence".

Do you have the problem when you drag-drop pictures in the Fanart box?

My question is, how do you add the fanart pictures, from Cover Manager?

Thank you!

Ale

PS: I have found a bug if you get frames picture from the movie file...

Go to Top of Page

spawner
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2010 :  23:28:28  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello.

well, my problem whit this is both, the fanart and the back cover. I supouse they are mixed in the database somehow, because when i change one, for example the back cover, the other backcover from another movie gets erased or changed.

I input the back cover trough the dvdempire script, then i use tmdb script for fanart, or using the "copy from clipboard" trough the cover manager.

I use the spanish version. XP SP3.

------------------------------------
Edit...

Updated to the very latest version 7.0.6.5 and edited the database i started with the previous version, and the problem was still there, so I started a new database.

I input a movie, the use the IMDB full script, then the dvdempire script for the front and back covers, and finally use the TMDB.org script.

after that, save and input a new movie. repeat scripts. and save. aftar that i edited the movie to change sinopsis and tagline to spanish and save, for the two movies.

Now the problem seems to be gone. I will continue to input more movies and hope that it doesnt start to mess the fanart and back covers again. I will keep you up to date. Thanks.

Edited by - spawner on 12 Feb 2010 00:11:54
Go to Top of Page

spawner
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 12 Feb 2010 :  01:03:37  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Nop, the problem is still there.

But it appears that it only occurs when I open the cover manager within the "add or edit" window of the movie.

when Im in the window of add a movie (so maybe before I save the movie) and click the cover manager of the front cover (to select another as first and delete some), then I save, the problem happens. the fourth movie added gets the same backcover and fanart as the second cover (not the third added, but the second added, weird) So i delete that new movie, and then re-input the movie, without open the cover manager before saving, and its allright.

Hope that helps you

And more thing, when adding a new movie, before using the TMDB script that downloads the fanart, there are times when I can't open the cover manager of the fanart in the Pics section. I click the cover manager, but it doesnt open.
Go to Top of Page

Alessio Viti
Forum Admin

Italy
9171 Posts

Posted - 12 Feb 2010 :  07:16:03  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you very much for the accurate report, I will try to reproduce it.

Ale

Go to Top of Page

Jesse69

109 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2010 :  08:04:33  Show Profile  Visit Jesse69's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Installed 7.0.6.6 ... but error is like before.
Jesse

Release 7.0.6.6 (26 February 2010)
---------------------------------------
->Fixed a bug in FanArt Picture management
->Fixed a bug in BackCover Picture management
Go to Top of Page

spawner
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2010 :  01:06:07  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello.

I haven't updated to that last version you say, but I managed to isolate the error so everytime I add a movie I avoid reproducing it, and that way now I have around 50 movies full with front cover, back cover and fanart in my database.

First, all the movies you have in your database that shares the same picture (any art, fron, back or fan), you have to erase them, and input the titles again. only keep the ones with correct art.

Now, everytime you enter a new title, you can use the scripts you want, (I use IMDB, dvdempire and theMDB.org) but do not open any cover manager before saving it first. Do not open the front cover manager, or the back cover manager, neither the fanart manager without saving (and preferrably exiting) the title.

Once the title is saved, you can again double click the title and edit any info you want manually, change any artwork, erase, or use an image in your hard drive.

Hope that helps, it's how I do it.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.17 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07