Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Suggestions / New Features
 Need way to update single episode info in TV Shows
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

nehickel

USA
265 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2010 :  03:40:00  Show Profile  Visit nehickel's Homepage  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hello,
I'd like to ask that the attached request for Enhanced Functionality be considered for a future release of XMM.

====================================================================
REQUEST:
Enhance the functionality of how XMM's TV Show logic determines what episodes are selected and used within the "Update from Web" process.

CURRENT FUNCTIONALITY:
The Current functionality of XMM is for all of the episodes within a series are selected and used by the "Update from Web" process.

REQUESTED FUNCTIONALITY:
In addition to the selection of all episodes for the "Update from Web" process, add the ability to select individual episodes for updating/re-updating be added.

REASON FOR CHANGE:
I've encountered several situations where there were combinations of episodes with good web data and other episodes had bad information. Bad information can result from either web site data or bad user information supplied during the importing of files from the hard drive. Such as inacurate file naming or cataloging information like episode name or number.

Regardless of the cause, the only safe way to address those situations while protecting the good episodes requires the ability to perform web updates or re-updates in most cases, of those select episodes.

1) Re-importing all episodes could result in the loss of user updated or enhanced database information such as a more detailed "Plot" description or other enhanced areas.

2) It may also be necessary to use an alternate web site source for the updating/re-updating of selected episodes in order to get the best level of detail.

Thanks for your consideration of this request,
Norm

JDommi
Administrator

Germany
4638 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2010 :  09:00:06  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Well, good idea - although I think really rare used for single episodes...
I would suggest to delete the episodes with bad info and add them again.
This way you "only" loose main info of the show - but not of the other episodes.

In order to achieve what is possible, you have to try the impossible over and over again.
Hermann Hesse
Go to Top of Page

nehickel

USA
265 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2010 :  19:44:07  Show Profile  Visit nehickel's Homepage  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I've done the manual way but here's the trouble, in some cases I have an episode or two that have the wrong name or wrong episode or they are intentional duplicates. it would be nice to have them updated outside of the normal 'get everything' Update from Web process.
Any way, its just an idea.

Norm
Go to Top of Page

JustME

371 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2010 :  18:02:27  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
how do you manage to import TV shows now? this functionality has vanished on me now as I can no longer create a database of just TV shows.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.15 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07