Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 eXtreme Movie Manager (Rel. 7), No More Updates
 Suggestions / New Features
 XMM and MediaBrowser - WMC Integration
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

myhtpc
Starting Member

Germany
45 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2010 :  06:49:28  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi Alessio,

as I don't get any response in the other sections of your forum, here's another try. Could you please, please implement the feature being suggested and requested by Shaurya some month ago.

This is key to integrate XMM with the popular MediaBrowser Plugin for Win7 MediaCenter for all movies being stored on HDD or a remote server. Your current implementation of the MediaBrowser Plugin just makes sense for offline DVD collections.

I believe these features shouldn't be problematic for you.

Thank's in advance for your support

myhtpc

Here's the link to the thread with all the discussions http://www.binaryworks.it/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4736&whichpage=1

And here's the relevant post within the thread:
quote:
Originally posted by shaurya

Hello Alessio,

OK I now understand the reason to create the _mediacenterdir..its for people who have cd/dvd not in hdd. fair.

Now for media browser....The fake or little avi was my test.
Here is what XMM needs to do

XMM need to store the metadata files with the movies, so you should end up with the following in each movie folder:-

movie.avi - Actual movie file
folder.jpg - has to be this name, this is picked up as the coverart
backdrop.jpg - has to be this name, is used for the background picture when going into the details for the movie
mymovies.xml - has to be this name, this is picked up as the details for the movie

So if movies are stored in folder like
//server/movie/True Lies/true lies.mkv
//server/movie/Matrix/matrix.avi

then the XMM would perform its logic so that the net result is that the each movie folder has the following files.
//server/movie/True Lies/true lies.mkv, folder.jpg, backdrop.jpg, mymovie.xml
//server/movie/Matrix/Matrix.avi, folder.jpg, backdrop.jpg, mymovie.xml

Cover for True lies is now in True Lies folder with name folder.jpg
Fanart (or backdrop) is now in True Lies folder with name backdrop.jpg
True Lies's metadata in xml fomat is now in True Lies folder with name mymovie.xml

If a user has more than 1 main folder or 1 hdd to store movies then the myvideo in my media center pc will contain a .vf file that has entries to each main movie folder like

folder: //server/disk1/movie
folder: //server/disk2/movie

Currently XMM creates the .vf file that links to the _mediacenterdir, which is good for offline movie in DVD/HDD. So you need to check the movie's detail information in XMM. if for True Lies file1-file6 fields are empty then it means its an offline media and the existing implementation in XMM is good. If the file1-file6 fields has the file location information in file1 field then add the media browser related information as described in above paragraph into each movie folder. And then check and update the .vf file in myvideos to ensure that the path for the movie location exists.

It seems that the above implementation used by another highly popular software mymovies.name and has been adopted by not only Media Browser addon but also by another popular addon known as "Open Media Library". If you implemnet the process nicely then you can kill two birds with 1 stone.

Let me know if you need more information and we can talk over phone. Just PM me

Regards, Shaurya

myhtpc
Starting Member

Germany
45 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2010 :  17:03:04  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Alessio,

any comments?
Go to Top of Page

myhtpc
Starting Member

Germany
45 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2010 :  12:34:57  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
again Alessio,

any plans on this ? ? ? ? ?

Cheers myhtpc
Go to Top of Page

myhtpc
Starting Member

Germany
45 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2010 :  15:29:41  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
again and again this is a reminder for Alessio,

could you please give us an answer ? ? ?
Go to Top of Page

myhtpc
Starting Member

Germany
45 Posts

Posted - 04 Jun 2010 :  07:34:09  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I'm back on my HTPC, so once again the question to Alessio:

please give me / us an answer to this topic - I'm waiting since months now ;-(
Go to Top of Page

myhtpc
Starting Member

Germany
45 Posts

Posted - 05 Jul 2010 :  12:02:36  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Alessio,

I'm waiting now for any feedback from you since I purchased the software for 15€ some months ago. I didn't receive any feedback - to none of my posts in the different sections of your forum nor to any pm I have sent to you.

Are you still working on this software?

Hey, it is just 15 seconds efford to give me an answer. I want to know If I wasted the 15€ for nothing or If you are seriously interested in your customer.

Could I expect any improvement to work with MediaBrowser, or not

All the Best

myhtpc
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
BinaryWorks.it Official Forum © Binaryworks.it Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.16 sec. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07